Little change to the front end coming soon

patzx300

I just ordered the European grill, headlights ,and coener lights for my 95 Pathfinder form NISMO, hopefully I will have it installed by ECXC.

pathfinder2.jpg

It is not the best pic but you can see the grill is completely different from the US version. If you guys want anything for your trucks that is not available stateside I can get it. I also have the optional NISMO engine and trans mounts on the way.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's a guy on ebay and nissan4wheelers.com that's selling OEM Teranno inclinometers. I wouldn't mind having one, but right now my $70+ is better spent elsewhere. The clear corners are pretty hard to come by in the states as well. If you happen to come across them I'm sure a few NPORA members would be interested in both those items, just don't stick it to us in the pricing, ok?

Where U B at, anyway?

The NISMO mounts are of a harder rubber and will stand up to a modified engine better than stock. The mounts have to be used as a set and will only fit MT models. As for the rear tailights, I am sure I can get them just have to do a little research. Just so you guys know the front end parts are running me 250. I will get the european headlights later. The european pathfinders use an H-4 bulb so you will get much better light output and it is much easier to go HID's if you want.

• 1 month later...

Actually Grimm, yeah I am working on the tail lights too.

v_terrano_gallery_big5.jpg

I have had a setback on the NISMO engine and trans mounts, the trans mount is correct but the engine mounts are not for a VG30 so I and my contact at NISMO are still researching it.

I also have Terrano badges coming too.

Patz,

I was doing some late night surfing last night and found this site that has standard H4 conversion lens for standard 4"x6" and 7"x6" lenses. Haven't verified our Pathy's dimensions though. These do not seem to be too expensive, but you do have to buy the bulbs separately. I also read somewhere that an H4 has an extra wire which you will need to splice into one of the existing wires. Should be easy with one of those splicing clips you get from Radio Shack.

http://www.autoanything.com/products/produ...sion_headlights

Please don't do HID conversion.  That's just wrong and unsafe. :mellow:

Why? HID are the new wave in lighting. All the rage here.

If you're going to replace the entire lens assembly with the proper one designed for HID lighting then go for it. Somehow I doubt however that nothing other than the bulb will be changed.

The issue is that the geometry of lens is designed to work with the bulb. The differences in light output and shape of it between HID and conventional bulbs are enough to be unsafe for other drivers (why on earth would you want to blind other motorists) and hence usafe for you. As well as the lens design being ineffective (designed for something else).

So you spend money on something that will perform worse in every respect, as well as be completely illegal.

Please don't do HID conversion.  That's just wrong and unsafe. :mellow:

Why? HID are the new wave in lighting. All the rage here.

If you're going to replace the entire lens assembly with the proper one designed for HID lighting then go for it. Somehow I doubt however that nothing other than the bulb will be changed.

The issue is that the geometry of lens is designed to work with the bulb. The differences in light output and shape of it between HID and conventional bulbs are enough to be unsafe for other drivers (why on earth would you want to blind other motorists) and hence usafe for you. As well as the lens design being ineffective (designed for something else).

So you spend money on something that will perform worse in every respect, as well as be completely illegal.

New cars are comming out with them too. I used to run 100 low and 130 high. Didn't the burn the retnas out of peoples eyes. :takebow:

Any way the light thing talked about here is tail lights not HID head lights. :laugh:

The european pathfinders use an H-4 bulb so you will get much better light output and it is much easier to go HID's if you want.

Looks like he talks about HIDs there.

Also as I mentioned above, if you have a lens designed for HIDs, it's a different story. If a vehicle comes stock with a set, it's kinda self exlpanatory.. no?

Hmmmm. I obviously got my wires crossed somewhere. The only request for more information on anything was in relation to the tail lights. Apart from the nice wheel comment no intrest was shown at all in the HIDs. Such was my confusion.

My most humble apoligies to all that I offended.

For the record. WE have H 4s here too.

Edited by Vsicks Pathy