Coppers.

Vsicks Pathy

'Cos they either don't care or have worse things to worry about than tires sticking out 1.5" past the fenderwells on the road. You can still get a ticket for it, but if you put bigger flares on or mudflaps, they'll usually dismiss the ticket outright. Where I live, we have no emissions testing, safety testing, nothing. When you get a car, take it to the Department of Motor Vehicles and show them the paperwork, pay for the registration and you're done, drive it wherever you want.

'Cos they either don't care or have worse things to worry about than tires sticking out 1.5" past the fenderwells on the road. You can still get a ticket for it, but if you put bigger flares on or mudflaps, they'll usually dismiss the ticket outright. Where I live, we have no emissions testing, safety testing, nothing. When you get a car, take it to the Department of Motor Vehicles and show them the paperwork, pay for the registration and you're done, drive it wherever you want.

darn! I wanna move to Washington!

Not really I love the weather here in Cali. :P Also I see 4 Runners and low riders with tires sticking out for days all the time. Of course they usually angle their mudflaps outwards so that might be how they get away with it. :shrug:

~You can't say D A M N?

Edited by SC88Pathy

How come some of you guys have your tyres sticking out past the body work?

Over here if the cops saw that you'd be off the road in a flash.

To quote Pontiac "Wider is better" :D

How come some of you guys have your tyres sticking out past the body work?

Over here if the cops saw that you'd be off the road in a flash.

It all depends on what state you live in. Yes here in Washington, they are pretty lax about it. There is emissions testing however but its never been an issue for me. Never had to take off the JWT pop charger or anything. It only takes like 5 seconds for them to plug into the OBD-II and get a reading and you're on your way.

In California, the fines are much higher for speeding and running "pink" lights. So lo and behold, that is pretty much all the officers are required to enforce. We are in a budget crunch after all...

I live in Oregon, not Washington.

Huh. I didn't know that. That doesn't come as a surprise as I don't know much in general. Hmm, Oregon is even closer than WA, and they even have redwood trees (at least in the southwestern corner of the state) so I'd feel right at home. Winters are supposed to be fiercer though. I'v never been to Oregon, I'll have to go sometime and see how I like it.