Water leak

Quick question,

I have water leaking in when it is raining hard, doesn't seem to leak in a light rain. It is dripping into my front passenger floor pan.  I have checked the lower windshield seal and the seal around the outside air vent.  Nothing obvious running down the inside firewall.

Has anyone had this issue?  Any other suggestions on where to look?  1994 SE

Thanks!

Curt

Sounds like a first to me. I would highly suspect the seal around the windshield since there are times it does not always get sealed well when replaced(had that with a few Nissan Car's before). If the windshield was replaced that would be my first guess. If not it might be work having a local shop look at it

• Like 1

Any coolant smells? Check your heater core, check for rust in the bulkhead up behind the bonnet hinges too.

Failing that have your windshield resealed, I had mine done about 12 months ago. 

Edited by FirstGenFreak
  • Like 1

I would check that your aircon drain is clear. Doubt you're running much aircon this time of year, but if water gets in, that's where it's supposed to get out again. Might also be worth removing the cowl vents and checking that the cowl isn't blocked up on the ends and/or rusty around the air intake for the HVAC, which is on the passenger's side.

My old truck had a small hole on the part of the cowl that faces inside the cab... Almost looked like someone had put a self tapper in there at one time, it was leaking and my floor would always be wet. The only way I found it was to sit inside the truck while someone ran a hose all over the front of it. A bit of RTV over the hole and problem solved. Of course this had been going on for years and aided in rotting out the floorboard.

Edited by adamzan