Anyone here attend any wrecking yards

Runnerman

Hey guys I need a rear spoiler from a wrecking yard can be banged up scratch up just in 1 pc and not broken or bent.

I need to see if I can get my powdercoater to do this spoiler without wrecking it, apparently he can do some plastics and other materials so he said he's up for it.

All the wreckers where I live do not have any pathy's except for 1 which is a 88 and is not ready to be parted out yet.

So the rear spoiler on the Back hatch for 96-04 pathy.

If you come across one for cheap let me know.

Thanks,

:beer:

Hey guys I need a rear spoiler from a wrecking yard can be banged up scratch up just in 1 pc and not broken or bent.

I need to see if I can get my powdercoater to do this spoiler without wrecking it, apparently he can do some plastics and other materials so he said he's up for it.

All the wreckers where I live do not have any pathy's except for 1 which is a 88 and is not ready to be parted out yet.

So the rear spoiler on the Back hatch for 96-04 pathy.

If you come across one for cheap let me know.

Thanks,

There is a junkyard 10 min away from me with dozen's of R50's. Haven't been there in bout a month but last time I was there, there was 25. I'm sure I could find one. I'll have to plan a trip out there.

Thanks,

There is a junkyard 10 min away from me with dozen's of R50's. Haven't been there in bout a month but last time I was there, there was 25. I'm sure I could find one. I'll have to plan a trip out there.

:o Do people have some kind of problem driving R50's there and keeping them in one piece???? jeeeeeeeeeze! 25 of them! I am lucky if I can find 1 beat to death Pathy in my entire area! LOL

Thanks !!!

If you can possibly take a venture over there when you have the chance that would be Great :D

I asked a couple more wreckers here and they have nothing also. I did a search on that site came up empty but I'll e-mail them as well.

I have about 3-4weeks as this is when that ARB gets here and I would like to get it powdercoated at the same time ;)

Thanks again DJ :clap:

Ok...its good that you have a few weeks. I was thinking about going out there sometime later this week. I'm not sure what the 99.5+ spoiler looks like off the top of my head but I know what the 96-99's look like...black and metal...is this the same for the latter years?

Yeah, I don't know what the deal is with R50's being so abundant over there. But one thing I do know is that, this junkyard is one of the largest in the NW. Someone told me THE largest..its believable but I don't know.

I figure maybe since I'm going out there maybe I can fulfill some other requests?

I know there are people out there who may need little knick knacks and goodies that may be found while I'm out there. :D

DJ Dank: Heres a pic of mine

pathyback.jpg

I believe the 96-99 are bolted to the truck body, just inside the hatch hinges - but mine is attached at the hinges...

:o Do people have some kind of problem driving R50's there and keeping them in one piece???? jeeeeeeeeeze! 25 of them! I am lucky if I can find 1 beat to death Pathy in my entire area! LOL

Around here (Boston), ita a numbers game. There are so many people driving Pathy's that a few eventually end up in Used Parts Yards. Nothing to do with quality. Lots of 4RUnners, too. Also b/c so many, not b/c they suck. The Jeep Grand Cherokee's, Blazers, and Rodeo's I see are a different story though.

Never seen one of the 96+ Pathys in a yard here yet. I figured they are so new they go to professional dismantelers for parts resale, rather than sit in a yard waiting for someone to strip it. :shrug:

I'll have to bring my camera along with me to snap some pics. The last time I was there which was about a month ago, right as I was leaving, a 97 SE just showed up. It had some minor front end damage. But MINOR...I don't get it either.

When I take pics you guys will see how large this place is. When you drive into the place, its all separated by different Domestics, imports, SUV's, trucks...but each yard is about a mile away from each other because there are so many cars.

Never seen one of the 96+ Pathys in a yard here yet. I figured they are so new they go to professional dismantelers for parts resale, rather than sit in a yard waiting for someone to strip it. :shrug:

I hope not i need some parts i need me some seats for a 98 .

Ok. Just got back from the J/Y. Didn't go as planned though. Yes, there were about 12 R50's there when I arrived. Only 5 of them still had rear spoilers on them. BUT the 5 that still did, the whole rear tail was still in new condition; meaning they never got rear ended. They were not willing to part just the rear spoiler on a "$700 tailgate unless you wanna buy the whole thing." Those were their exact words.

Its a full serivce place so the guy drives you out to where the Pathfinders are they strip it off for you. I asked him how big the place was if he could give me a number. He said there are 75 acres here full of cars. The drive to the R50's took about 5 minutes. I managed to snap a couple of photoes while I was out there.

Kind of a weird eerie feeling walking amongst the dead Pathy's. :sniff:

post-1-1116881804.jpg

Edited by DJ Dank

*cries*

NEVER DO THAT AGAIN DJ DANK!

hehe.. poor pathy's...

yeah, I saw that rear tire carrier and my eyebrow raised... hmmm

*cries*

NEVER DO THAT AGAIN DJ DANK!

hehe.. poor pathy's...

yeah, I saw that rear tire carrier and my eyebrow raised... hmmm

Yeah I know..sorry. On my way out too, there was a 99.5+ that just showed up too. It was white and looked like it was in a rollover. Didn't have a chance to snap it but it looked just like yours Pezzy. :o