Finished…for now

Teesetz

It's a start for what it's worth. Since you have the factory rack you can easily fit this particular rack to your Pathfinder. I have it on my 93. All you have to do is remove the factory crash bars and bolt in the rack. Only took me about 2 hours to do in the snow.

https://sherpaec.com/products/antero

• Like 1

Hell it’s just nice to know and feel suspension that isn’t almost as old as me.

For the rack, I think it would it would have to come with the tent, and a hot chick with a rack for that much lol

• Like 1

You are not wrong!! I have seen many individuals on the Nissan side Especially (yes I have seen it other places too) not want to spend money unless it's to do a SAS or drop over a grand on cheap Chinese wheels!!

On 9/1/2023 at 8:01 AM, Teesetz said:

Hell it’s just nice to know and feel suspension that isn’t almost as old as me.

For the rack, I think it would it would have to come with the tent, and a hot chick with a rack for that muchemoji2960.png lol

When you get down too it a good tent is going to cost way more than you think. Even my Swag Tent from CrashPad cost $400 with shipping to get here in the states. A good RTT will cost a couple Grand.

There's nothing wrong with paying big money for pre-built stuff, if you can afford it. Some of us can't.

I do agree with y’all, it’s must be from growing up with a father that’s been in auto parts since 1979 always telling me how certain brands were the same quality part with different name. Basically, (don’t over pay for stuff. )

Certain things are you get what you pay for scenario, some are not. I get it.

However, I’m just now getting him to understand it pays, to pay for quality food. Lol
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

There's nothing wrong with paying big money for pre-built stuff, if you can afford it. Some of us can't.

I have heard this from many individuals, the same individuals that keep dropping over a grand on the cheap Chinese Wheels and have to have the latest and grates I Phone every year. 

I actually deal with the same @!*% on the 5G Ranger Forum.

It's not like you can't save your money to buy something either. It is what I had to do and it has worked out well. I still have more things to get for my 93 Pathfinder for it to be finished.

You misunderstand me. Even if I had the money, I could not bring myself to spend that much of it for something that I could make in a weekend, for a fraction of the cost, in a way that would suit my needs better.

If you're happy with your purchase, good for you.

There is one part that you also forget. You still have labor to include on that price when building it yourself. Could you make it fit your need a bit better? Possibly depending on what your needs are and as long as you have the necessary knowledge and tools to do so. That said I can promise that the labor you put in compared to what a company like Sherpa Equipment has done will basically even put at the least.

10 hours ago, Frenchy said:

There is one part that you also forget. You still have labor to include on that price when building it yourself. Could you make it fit your need a bit better? Possibly depending on what your needs are and as long as you have the necessary knowledge and tools to do so. That said I can promise that the labor you put in compared to what a company like Sherpa Equipment has done will basically even put at the least.

Sometimes it's just easier to buy something pre made, with a warranty, that I don't have to worry about grinding, ensuring all the welds don't rust and that it's square (Not that doesn't happen with pre fab either). Built vs bought has it's place but the majority of Nissan owners are cheapskates. Though I will say it is far worse with the first gen xterra groups. Every time someone tries to pitch a product they get torn apart by the "I can build it myself for less" crowd, and there you have it, no aftermarket.

Edited by adamzan
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, adamzan said:

Sometimes it's just easier to buy something pre made, with a warranty, that I don't have to worry about grinding, ensuring all the welds don't rust and that it's square (Not that doesn't happen with pre fab either). Built vs bought has it's place but the majority of Nissan owners are cheapskates. Though I will say it is far worse with the first gen xterra groups. Every time someone tries to pitch a product they get torn apart by the "I can build it myself for less" crowd, and there you have it, no aftermarket.

As much as I hate to say it you are not wrong. The best part about it all is the "I can build it myself for less" Crowd won't build it and then complain about there not being any aftermarket support....... Sometimes I wonder if that particular crowd is the reason Nissan doesn't exactly have the best resale value here in the States?!

In a way you are not wrong, but after looking at the lovely garbage that Toyota has I would still buy Nissan instead..... well in the states at least. If I was Down Under I probably would consider since the 70 series Land Cruiser's are pretty sweet looking. But I would still find myself in a Patrol.