Breakin News: Russia has joined NPORA ;-)

Terrano

Hello, everybody! :takebow:

I am probably the first NPORA forum member from Russia ;-)

Let me say a couple of things about myself and my Monster.

I live in Russia, in a city named Vladivostok. It is on the opposite side of Russia from Moscow, our closest neighbors are Japan, China, and the rest of the Asian-Pacific region. There is a lot of snow here in winter, so having SUV is much better ;-) In addition, I love making barbeque (did I spell it right? ;-) in the forest, or go to some "uncrowded" beach and get as close to the water as possible... so my life-style kinda demands a Pathy ;-) OK enough about me, let's see what I drive.

I drive a 1993 Terrano (Pathfinder in U.S. and Europe) with a 2.7 turbo-diesel and an automatic transmission. It is completely stock, without any lifts or other mods. Well, I have a rear LSD, but it was already installed on car when it was shipped from Japan.

terrano_1.JPG

terrano_3.JPG

It is not my first Terrano, I used to have a 2-door 1989 Terrano a couple of years ago. It had manual transmission, I loved it and did not want to sell it, but there was so much rust under the backseat that I cannot believe it did not fall through the floor. So I had to sell it. After that I bought 1992 Vitara as I did not have enough dinero for the Pathy (or should I call it Terry? :D ) A good car, in some offroad situations even better than Terrano, but too small and light. I prefer to feel the weight of the car ;-) As soon as I had the chance, I bought Terrano again, so now I am happy ;-)))

I dream of installing a lift kit, 33' tires, and many other goodies.

Probably will build something like my American comrades' Pathies

(Russians are supposed to say "comrades", not "friends" right? :P )

post-5-1106001233.jpg

Just haven't earned that much cash yet ;-)

OK, that's probably all.

Glad to meet you, people.

I will keep you posted on what is going on in the Russian off-road ;-)

It's wonderful to have you on the Board. Welcome and may good Russian vodka keep flowing to the United States and the ret of the world.

This is very cool and I hope you enjoy your time here on this Forum. Just don't go crazy and do too much on the Terrano- you will go broke. I don't know how these guys do it :)

Welcome again, Comrade and we enjoy Barbeque too :beer:

2 Flyer

Thanks for welcoming! :beer:

Don't worry, Russian vodka will never cease flowing into U.S. :-))

BTW, I am not a huge fan of vodka. I prefer beer; or cognac when I need smth heavy ;-) I even have a BS from the University of Maryland ... :takebow:

So I guess I am not 100% Russian... :unsure: