this is my car and I want to replace it with

315290.jpg.249f907fb65a76b8bb3d20a1fd9d9463.jpg

this climate

s-l300.jpg.183671741a8b06583d4a278f33025121.jpg 

to do something like this.

unnamed.jpg.bd4c9e042dc904ea4c17fc0e8c865e49.jpg 

Can anyone help me in some ways?

Edited by miro

Huh, I didn't know there even was a nav system for these. Best I can do is a link to the service manual. It's a US-model manual, but if the nav system was available in the US, you should be able to work out whether the climate control wiring is the same between the nav/climate unit you have and the climate-only unit you want.

My mom's '04 Lexus has a similar early infotainment system. It looks like it was designed in Microsoft Publisher (or maybe Powerpoint) and makes everything it controls more difficult than it needs to be. I see why you want to get rid of yours! Good luck.

It's a lot of work involving rewiring and modifying the dash, as this is a very specific R50 configuration.  Nothing can be just swapped around, and every time I see someone attempt to do it, I cringe at the results.

Sift around the NICO forums for a few threads: https://forums.nicoclub.com/pathfinder-forum-qx4-forum.html

This one in particular has been around a while: https://forums.nicoclub.com/update-removed-navigation-and-rewired-automatic-climate-control-t483201.html

• Like 1

Huh, I didn't know there even was a nav system for these.

I know it was an option in the ‘02 LE & QX4 - presumably in ‘03 & ‘04 & I think it predated ‘02 in the QX4. I specifically opted against it in ‘02. If you thought the ‘04 Toyota Nav was bad, I think it was the industry leader at the time - and Nissan was the back of the pack of the very few who offered it then.