PathyDude's R50 Projects (03 SE 4x4)

Sliders go on July 1, local fab shop is two weeks out. Gusset kit arrived yesterday. I could also see them making me a front bumper here soon,  I was quoted about $350. Also working towards getting my own mid skid plate made.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PathyDude17 said:

Sliders go on July 1, local fab shop is two weeks out. Gusset kit arrived yesterday. I could also see them making me a front bumper here soon,  I was quoted about $350. Also working towards getting my own mid skid plate made.

Damn only 350 for a custom bumper? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sjackson2 said:

Damn only 350 for a custom bumper? 

Ish. It’ll be a tube bumper design. I’m fine with it turning out to be a little more. I’ve got some designs I like, but I’m thinking a front locker may come before a bumper. It’s a little ways out before I’ll pull the trigger on either 

• 2 weeks later...

ueaY5MJ.jpg

installed a CB radio and antennae. Cheap uniden unit off of amazon and a 4 ft firestik antennae on the roof rack. Built a crude swivel mount (thanks @micahfelker for the brainstorming help) with clevis pins so that it can lock at a 90* angle or fold down for parking in the garage. I stuffed the actual radio in between my driver seat and center console, it sits almost flush with the level of the seat, then I can swivel it up for a better look at the buttons.

I also did my power valve screws, they were all still there! Thanks @02_Pathy and @Astrorami for the help.

Edited by PathyDude17
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, RainGoat said:

Those sliders look nice. Curious, if a Custom Bumper is only $350, what did the sliders cost?

The welding job was just over $200: his rate is $65 an hour plus materials.

1 hour ago, 03TroutFinder said:

Nice rig man. Coming along very nicely!
Thanks for sharing your build with us.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Thanks! I’m trying to have fun with it, the biggest thing is I love the places it takes me and the people it’s introduced me to!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PathyDude17 said:

The welding job was just over $200: his rate is $65 an hour plus materials.

Damn would he make another and ship them ?

Edited by TroyButler

50 minutes ago, TroyButler said:

Damn would he make another and ship them ?

10 minutes ago, herotrooper said:

I believe that was only for install. Lol

Ya, that price is only for install. The sliders that I bought were the trail gear 67” DIY kit, ran me $250 on amazon

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PathyDude17 said:

Ya, that price is only for install. The sliders that I bought were the trail gear 67” DIY kit, ran me $250 on amazon

Still work good as a step?

14 minutes ago, TroyButler said:

Still work good as a step?

The way I have them mounted, they could not work better. Perfect step up to the roof rack or a good middle step to get to the top of the tire. My shorter (5’0”-5’-6”) friends use them to get in and out of the car, at 6’3/4” (that’s the height on my medical documents) they’re a little awkward to use and I usually step over them. Ultra perfect placement in my opinion 

Edited by PathyDude17
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PathyDude17 said:

The way I have them mounted, they could not work better. Perfect step up to the roof rack or a good middle step to get to the top of the tire. My shorter (5’0”-5’-6”) friends use them to get in and out of the car, at 6’3/4” (that’s the height on my medical documents) they’re a little awkward to use and I usually step over them. Ultra perfect placement in my opinion 

Sounds perfect. wanted a more robust solution since my girlfriend really needs the step to mount our kayaks. Added protection also just means can have more fun

8 hours ago, RainGoat said:

Just for clarity:
$250 67” DIY kit [Amazon]
$250 Welder@$65/hr assembling kit & welding on truck
$500 Total

Can you take some pics of the mounting points?

And then a $30 gusset kit, weld job was $220 exactly, so $550. 

bcaYGjN.jpg

this is how he mounted them. He welded the brackets on and then the sliders to the brackets. He opted out on gusseting at the frame rail and instead gusseted at the first horizontal bar. 

• Like 4

Oooooo boy. Might have to put my welding skills to the test this winter. 

I’ve been wanting sliders since I pitched my factory mammoth steps, and these look wicked!

FYI, looks like a bit of bare metal still showing. You should probably spray bomb that so you don’t get rust, or if you have, disregard. Lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, herotrooper said:

Oooooo boy. Might have to put my welding skills to the test this winter. 

I’ve been wanting sliders since I pitched my factory mammoth steps, and these look wicked!

FYI, looks like a bit of bare metal still showing. You should probably spray bomb that so you don’t get rust, or if you have, disregard. Lol

Thanks! I generously sprayed around, but I’ll double check the frame rails and the hard to reach spots