At oil cooler and brake light on

Blkpathy03

I just replac s the alternator o my 03 pathfinder At oilcooler light and brake light on. Dash is lit up I took it to auto zone they load tested for me and said every things fine but the lights stayklit when the pathfinder is running. Is there any way I can get the to turn off

Omg I took it to a shop just got it back yesterday morning the did the alternator what should I do and Can I connect it my self what am I looking for please help this is my only car

They al so told me my oilcooler is leaking coolant and they wanted 1200 to fix it but the light never came on till I took it too the shop I dnt have 1200 to fix the oil cooler Is There a ez fix for this also

As far as I can recall, there is no dummy light for a leaking ATF cooler. The primary ATF cooler is incorporated into the bottom tank of the radiator, and certain models had an external cooler mounted in front of the AC condenser.

There is an AT TEMP light, which also glows with the batt and brake lights when the alternator output is too low. What is the voltage at the battery terminals when the engine is running? I suspect the alternator, its internal voltage regulator, or the connections to the alternator.

If the alternator is new, also check the white wire pair between the battery positive terminal and the fuse/relay box. Those wires can sometimes harden and corrode and create electrical problems.

Xplorx4 is correct, AT fluid runs through the bottom of the radiator, there is no dedicated AT cooler unless it has an aftermarket one, so if it's leaking its either the lines, which are like 10$ and 10 minutes to change, or it's the radiator, which should never cost anywhere near 1200 to replace. one of my cooler lines sprung a pinhole leak, I was able to drive 40 miles home without the temp light coming on. Do you have the truck with you right now? Is it still throwing the lights since you got it back? Check the alternator connections first, there should be two plugs and one wire with an eyelet bolted to the housing.

I don't think he's talking about the tranny cooler leaking coolant. There's some kind of bizarre oil cooler on the VQ R50s that transfers engine oil heat to the coolant (near as I can tell). Apparently the O-rings tend to fail and leak oil. If it's leaking coolant, either it's actually the hose that's leaking or the cooler's hooped. Looks like you can get one for about $80 on Fleabay if the cooler itself is bad.

More on this.