Pezzys got Lift!!

Pezzy

Ordered: One Lift for Pezzy's Pathy (AC 2" Lift)

(YAY!)

In preparation, is there anything I can do to make the entire process easier? I am likely having the work done for me, but I want to make it go as easy as possible...

I know when the X guys order their lifts they start spraying the bolts in hopes they will come free easy...

Sooo.... is there anything I can do? What, where, when, how... *insert endless dumb questions here*

Tonight we go tire shopping.

(double YAY!)

Edited by Pezzy

Well, suprisingly, the parts came in from AC on Friday (we ordered them Tuesday!! wow!! )

So we took the truck to the dealership yesterday, with expectations that they could do it Monday... (It's 85 km's from our place, and well worth the drive - this dealership is beyond AWESOME!) Well, the tech there said he might be able to do it that day, he would let me know... so we stuck around (having the hubby's windsheild replaced) and sure enough he managed to squeeze it in!!)

Very impressed!! Got about 3" lift - I can't believe how different it feels to be 3" higher!!

Very excited!! Next Saturday we pick up the tires.... it looks downright silly now on stock tires!

should I post pics now?? whattaya think???

You're comin' up in the world there, Pezzy! It's a shame all dealers aren't as awsome as your's. You going with 31's (or equiv) then? Congrats on getting service like that from AC, you must be living right... :aok:

Edited by hardwaretoad

We're looking at 31's, the question now is whether to get new wheels, or keep the stock ones... and that will determine the final size. It really depends on budget... we didnt have one to start with so... you know... $0 minus minus minus... yikes!!

I was really suprised how fast it showed... esp shipping to Canada!

Can't believe your dealership did that for you. There aren't any around here that would put a lift on, much less fit you in on a Saturday. Got any pictures of it outside of the garage yet? Looks good so far!

none of those pics yet...

by the time we were out of there it was getting dark... crappy weather and all

Yes, our dealership will jump hoops for us... theyre involved with the Xterra club and give us awesome service & discounts! The've managed to get A LOT of business from that!! Like I said, we drive 85 kms to get there... The same day he did the poor mans lift on another member's X, who came from another hour further than we are. They've had our american members come up for service too!!

Oh yes, we'll need an updated driveway shot of the two trucks... esp when I get the tires on it. The tires that are bigger than his!! (although mine are AT's and he has XT's... but still! :))

about two hours... a lot faster than I expected.

took three guys to get the back coils in (I wasnt there for that part)

I still have to get it aligned... and then she's good to go! :aok:

Lift looks awesome! Which struts/shocks did you go with? Also did you go with the manual hubs and what other changes/parts were needed for this lift? I want to lift mine but am not sure on what else, if anything, will need modification besides allignment and tires. Can't wait to see pics with the new tires and maybe wheels!

So Pezzy, where is this shop? I'm in London, but go to Toronto all the time so I know the area pretty well. I have an old City Pulse Camera truck ( like the one on the side of the building) I wonder if your shop handles their trucks. It's nice to know a dealer exists that knows what the word "service" means.

Edited by PuddleDuck

SO DO U HAVE ANY camber problems or strut popping problems? hows the handling?

no problems yet... I've topped out over a few good speed bumps, so I have learned to take them slow again (reminds me of the days of having the lowrider!)

I havent noticed much change at all, besides the fact the ride isnt as 'cushy' as it used to be, but my husband says its the same as the Xterra for the ride, so only a matter of days before I stop noticing that...

I usually take corners pretty slow, so I havent noticed much change in that regard - I know I'm not driving a race car!!

Lift looks awesome! Which struts/shocks did you go with? Also did you go with the manual hubs and what other changes/parts were needed for this lift? I want to lift mine but am not sure on what else, if anything, will need modification besides allignment and tires. Can't wait to see pics with the new tires and maybe wheels!

We went with the 2" package from AC, with KYB Struts & Bilstein shocks...

I'm sticking with the auto hubs, its not a necessity to change them, but it does reduce wear on the truck if you do change them... I think a lot of guys run with the auto hubs even with a lift...

So Pezzy, where is this shop? I'm in London, but go to Toronto all the time so I know the area pretty well. I have an old City Pulse Camera truck ( like the one on the side of the building) I wonder if your shop handles their trucks. It's nice to know a dealer exists that knows what the word "service" means.

HI there, we go to Dermac Nissan in Brampton. They are great - Ive been ripped off by a lot of dealers in the past who decide that they can hose me for the most expensive fix, simply because I dont know better... My dad think's I'm nuts going straight across the city for my service, but it's worth it - they've saved me a lot of money.

I'm sticking with the auto hubs, its not a necessity to change them, but it does reduce wear on the truck if you do change them... I think a lot of guys run with the auto hubs even with a lift...

They're actually drive flanges, or full time hubs, as opposed to auto hubs ;) A few people have run the stock hubs with a lift with no problem, but others have had CV joint issues. A slight increase in MPG is also another benefit to consider B)