Help: 97 Pathfinder - Single or Double Din?

Hello NPORA nation!

I need help. I am currently the 3rd owner of a 97 Nissan Pathfinder, and I don't know the car radio history of the car.

Curently the car is using a Old 2004 Pioneer Single Din Radio, running a 2000watt Planet Audio Amplifier, with Dual 12 Subs.

I want to upgrade to a double din w/ bluetooth and a backup camera, and my question:

Can a double din fit on a 1997 Nissan Pathfinder?

If you could answer soon, and provide the correct harness to come with the double din that will be great!!

Thank you,

Jose

A word of advice though. I have a backup camera in my 02, and none of the wireless transmitters I used would work worth a damn.

If they would connect, the picture quality would suck. I finally hardwired the video, and wished I would have done that in the first place. Would have saved me some time and money.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yes, a double-din HU will fit in a '97. I have a Pioneer NEX8000 installed in my '97 LE and it's fantastic. You'll need this, too:

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_120707550/Metra-70-7550-Receiver-Wiring-Harness.html?tp=2977

Crutchfield sells stereo-specific harness adapters. I have a Sony and bought a harness that adapts Nissan to Sony.

Your adapter harness will depend on the brand of stereo you choose.

All of the aftermarket head units I have purchased had stripped wire ends which I then soldered and heat-shrinked to the Metra vehicle-specific adapter. So, you don't need a HU-specific adapter if you know how to solder. If you don't know how to solder, you can use crimp-connectors and electrical tape, but they're not usually as reliable.

All of the aftermarket head units I have purchased had stripped wire ends which I then soldered and heat-shrinked to the Metra vehicle-specific adapter. So, you don't need a HU-specific adapter if you know how to solder. If you don't know how to solder, you can use crimp-connectors and electrical tape, but they're not usually as reliable.

Ah, I believe that's correct. My memory is fuzzy and I didn't remember where my stereo side harness came from. I did the soldering/shrink wrapping thing.

Thanks for the correction.