Redneck Lift kit.

maddmark1981

Alright fellas what can I do to save cash on a lift by using second hand parts?

If all I needed to buy was the UCA's and Torsion Bars.

I would need the following:

Rear Springs, Rear Shocks and Front Shocks. Right?

So anyone got the Magical Answer thats on everyones mind?

Thanks. Mark

You don't need to replace front shocks if you don't feel the need to. You're only changing the angle of the arms not the travel distance.

The rear shocks will need to be upgraded to allow the extra travel distance due to the springs.

I'm using front springs from a grand Cherokee in the rear of my pathfinder. You'll need to either bend out or cut off the pigtail for them to fit. There's a whole thread on the springs you want to get here on NPORA.

You don't need to replace torsion bars either unless you feel the need to.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Well see Ive read on here that the jeep springs dont offer much lift. There was a guy on here saying something else besides the jeep spring

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

I think brand new they're good, but some junkyard springs are too worn? I remember reading that thread but it was a while ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The Jeep springs with 8 coils don't offer much lift. You want the springs with 9 coils and a yellow tag. They've been proven to provide lift. The total amount depends on the final vehicle weight. I'm going with rough country 3 inch lift coils for a 98 grand Cherokee. Paid $30 from the JY along with a set of stock springs too.

• Like 1

The amount of lift you see also depends on how much sag your stock springs have. I have run JGCC's for years with no regrets. The other long time excepted option is Ford coils, but iirc they also make for a stiffer ride.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A lot of people run rancho shocks when the do a lift. I've looked at rancho and skyjacker (presumably the same shock with a different sticker from my reading). There's been a few people that have used 95 or 96 Ford f250 shocks on the rear (you have to change over the lower bushing to fit onto our perch) I believe the top fits fine as I've never heard any mention of that needing to be changed too. Only the lower.

I'm in the same boat you are and what I'm doing is sourcing the shocks last so I can measure everything once it's sitting like it would be when done so I can find the correct length shock.

I used lift coils for a JGC and got a lot of lift. Static height on these was 21".

a641d134773d9fcbc0140882311953e9.jpg

• Like 2

I'm not sure if you've read this thread or not but this is what I'm basing my choices off of. All I need to do is measure and pick one.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?/topic/9988-Shock-absorber-part-numbers-and-sizing

Here's what RedPath is referring to, I'm on Tapatalk too and can go right to it. It's pinned at the top of the main page for the general forum.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?/topic/13814-Aftermarket-part-list

Edited by RCWD21
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, just like the set I have for sale haha. You can either heat the pigtails up and bend them out or you can cut them off, obviously cutting the pigtail off will lessen the amount of lift you get.

• 2 weeks later...