"Twankies" and tow package

*Night_Ryda*

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, a 3" body lift is a little more then I was planning for my pathy. How about some 32X 11.5's? Can I get away with a set of those on a JGC lift?

BTW I need to correct myself on my last post. When I said

I know 33x10.5 fits fine
I really ment to say 31X10.5's

you might fit those with just the jgc/tbar lift.

but in looking at tire sizes, dont just go by what they are called, look up the specs for each tire design. some "31s" actually measure 30.2 and some measure 31.7.

BFGs are notoriously smaller than the sidewall says they are.

and when you start going wider be prepared for more steering problems trying to turn those huge meats. in the very least i suggest an idler arm brace.

and if the truck is a salvage that you are fixing up, why not add a body lift?

I thought about not doing it, then I thought about just 1 inch, then 2, but in the end I went with 3, and am glad I did.

if you go with a 3in body lift, and a 3in suspesion lift you could fit some nice 33's for off road and then some blingin 22s or even 24s for the street. its not really my look for a truck, but what the heck. any look is cool if it's done right

• 3 weeks later...
On the towing note, does anybody else have mileage experiences while towing?  I have a 5speed and was quite suprised at the mpg, as it only lost a minimal amount.  Around town she drinks a bit, but on the highway she doesn't seem to care much what the load is.  I also drove the same trip with the roof rack loaded with tall Rubbermaid storage containers full of camping gear, plus tents, etc. at 75mph and didn't notice much of a drop at all because of the drag.  Maybe its a 5speed thang.  :shrug:

Yeah Pickles, I've towed quite a bit with my '91 auto Pathy. Normally, at 70-75 mph, I'll get 18.5-19 mpg. With a medium U-haul (5'x10'?) enclosed trailer loaded with about 2500 lbs of furniture, it will get 13-15 mpg, depending on hills. I used to have a large Pop-up trailer, weighed about 1200 lbs. Would get 15-16.5 mpg on the highway.

As an aside, I've tried dropping my highway speed to 60-65 mpg (no trailer), and have seen the mileage shoot up to 20.5-21.5 mpg on long trips. This is with stock 31-10.50 BFG AT KOs.

Edited by gacruiser