pathfinder vs jeep vs 4runner vs explorer ....

amfq120

When I was looking for a 4x4 I narrowed it down to the 4 runner and a pathfinder. I went with the pathfinder because of the engine. I have not taken it out on a hard core trail. It has done everything I have asked of it. So unfortunately for those who haven't experienced the pathfinder, sorry you are missing out.

When I was looking for a 4x4 I narrowed it down to the 4 runner and a pathfinder. I went with the pathfinder because of the engine. I have not taken it out on a hard core trail. It has done everything I have asked of it. So unfortunately for those who haven't experienced the pathfinder, sorry you are missing out.

Few months ago I bought an 2000 R50 3.3l, my first Pathfinder.

In the process of search, we (my wife and I) loocked for 4Runner, and Explorers...

Anyway... Because brand (Nissan), look and price we went with the Pathfinder

And as RF600 says... For those who haven't experienced the Pathfinder, sorry you are missing out

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

I'm mildly surprised that the Exploder rated so well. Back in the 90s a buddy of mine had a 2 door 5 speed, and while I only drove it a few times, it was pretty funky and weird. First and second gear had this strange bounce to the throttle that actually felt like it was lifting the car, kind of like the old shaft drive motorcycles.

Anyway, I've never been a fan of Ferds, so I'm probably biased.

My old D720 was the best vehicle I ever owned, so when I went shopping for a small suv, it came down to Toyota or Nissan. Price wise you got a lot more Nissan, and after driving both, there was no question. 10 years and 3 Pathfinders later, I'm still sold... on the old generations anyway.

B

That's a cool article. Wish they have a video documentary. Sucks all those vehicle are mostly extinct. Long live the 4Runner I suppose.

Yea, they forgot about the 3 times they had to do head gaskets on it during the test :lol: eff the 3.slow!

They should find the best unmolested example they can of each and do a 'revisit'. What held best to the test of time!