I, another bushing

maddmark1981

^Agreed.

That's your idler arm. Connects to the steering centerlink, mirrors the motion of the power steering pump and pitman arm.

No bushings, instead a ball joint and some bearings.

Not true. There are two plastic bushings (IIRC) that can be replaced in the idler arm.

Mark... do you look at any of the expanded views in the free, downloadable Factory Service Manual? You really should be able to determine this...

B

• Like 1

Not true. There are two plastic bushings (IIRC) that can be replaced in the idler arm.

Sorry, my answer was in the context of maddmark81's quest to replace rubber bushings around the vehicle, given all the other posts. Mine were nylon (98 Frontier). I had an idler arm brace on it at one point, so I had it partially disassembled...but that was long ago.

Oh, and B...every time my 2-yo sees your avatar she says two things: "Bunny!" and "He's scary." She makes me stop browsing the forums to find you. Just thought I'd share. Anyway, carry on.

Edited by hawairish

Fair enough, and no worries. I just know from rebuilding mine...

LOL, I don't know if I should be happy or sad for that. Just don't let her see Donnie Darko any time soon!

Here, let me prove that I am real and not scary, mostly, I think. Still a bunny though, and that's just fine... ;)

DSC_0062.jpg

B

• Like 1

Hahaha...so B is for Bunny. Yeah, she's going through this "that's scary" phase. "Cute" was last month. Last week, a lady bug was scary. The week before, when towing an empty trailer, I told her all the noise was a ghost...and that was scary (bad move on my part...the whole drive she kept telling me about the scary ghost). I guess now's the best time of the year for that. But yes, Darko would be way over the top...tempting, though.