95 Pathy Tcase

fbccars924

Ok, so I have been on Car-part.com looking for a Tcase for my 95 (9/94) pathfinder, and every time I look it up it asks if my production date is <3/95 or >4/95. What is the difference? Partially bc there is a >4/95 tcase for $50 not far from me where as the cheapest <3/95 are ~$175. Is there a major change in 95.

all WD21 and wd22 have the same exact t-case

I buy dangerous truck to drive sometime to part it out and all wd21 and wd22 that i cut into pieces has the same trans and t-case

R200a identical minus the flange, i think the front d-shaft are the same too

i have few in stock lol

Edited by Lemay

sorry.... i buy dangerous nissan from my friends, truck that the frame is too far gone but they still drive it on the road lol, like cracked winshield because the body is actualy supporting the frame and so on.... I chop them in pieces and stock the good stuff in a shed.

not on the internal but only from the exterior and mounting point, all wd21 and wd22 has the same drivetrain setup. Trans, T-case, steering box... alot of the same stuff.

Edited by Lemay

I believe that they use the same chain. The TX10 is a TX10. The TX12 had larger internals but is a totally different gearbox.

I could be wrong (usually am) but I took the current TX10 from the 2002 Xterra apart (split the case) to make sure all was well, and to re seal it before install...and it did not appear to be any different than my 95's TX10.

The ONLY difference to report is the shift linkage for the gearbox. But it was a different arm rather than anything internal. Simple fix.

87-95 WD21 & D21 Pathfinder and Pickup
00-04 WD22 & D22 Xterra and Frontier

They all fit the same BUT THERE IS A DIFFERENCE...
In the early 90's they started running a narrower chain. (everything else internally is the same just the chain is different)
The narrower chain only effects the most hard core rock crawlers with lockers and T-case gears And those who get airborne a lot in 4 wheel drive... <if you are one of these two the narrower chain stretches faster (It was $400 from Nissan).
But for everyone else the chain should last a lifetime.