33 underneath rear?

Hey everyone. I have a pathy that had factory spare underneath rear. I don't have the key that goes into the crank so my local nissan dealer took it off for free considering im on 33s now and the factory spare does nothing for me. If i get a 5th 33 does anyone know if it will fit underneath again? Also if so where can i find the key? Any help is appreciated

Dang it that sucks. Well i have heard people dont like to put them on the roof because it makes the truck top heavy but its only like 80-130 pounds i would guess. A spare tire carrier os to much weight. Im already getting12 mpg in the city lol. A new 3" exhaust may alleviate that a bit but havent fotten that far yet

While not ideal, the best solution seems to be to get a 31" spare to fit there, that way you are decreasing your rolling diameter difference to 2". When I upgrade to 33's that's what I plan to do, and I will just put the smaller tire on of the front wheels so I don't burn up the LSD. I've got manual hubs in the front so aside from it driving funky there should be no real mechanical problems....

Good Luck

That's not a horrible idea. And it would only need to get me to a road where triple a could tow me home. Thanks for the suggestion. I may try that. Or fab a tire swing gate. In the meantime that should work

True it might but im about to mount a Rola vortex to the roofs fab a mount to the front for a 40" light bar. So ill have a rack. Would it be a horrible idea to mount one to the rack? I have heard it makes the truck top heavy plus sun damage over time

Putting 80 lbs of wheel+tire on your roof will increase drag and reduce MPG. It will raise your center of gravity, affecting handling. It will be totally exposed to UV degradation, so unless the tire is covered, the spare will potentially need to be replaced even if the tread is 100% new, because the sidewalls will begin failing. Plus, it's not really all that easy to hoist 80 lbs of tire up onto the roof.

Ya thats what i figured. I can pick up a used tire from my local shop for free but if i need to replace it every 6 months its to much hassle. I have seen people add the tire swinger from older models and i happen to have one from my old 96. What would i need to do to reenforce the panel?

I have seen people add the tire swinger from older models and i happen to have one from my old 96. What would i need to do to reenforce the panel?

I hope to have that answer very soon. My inclination is nothing, despite a lot of other threads. Every has said there's reinforcement but I've never seen any definitive proof. It might as well be a miniature Bigfoot that holds everything together. (There was a bracket for the WD21, though.)

After diving through various p/ns and diagram, the part numbers only suggest the quarter panels differed between having holes or not, and having fender flares or not. There are no parts diagram that show any substructures or additional hardware for the tire carrier. Perhaps the panel is reinforced, but a video I took last weekend doesn't indicate any significant sound difference.

I'm hoping to test fit the carrier tonight.

That would be awesome. I have a buddy with a prefacelift i can pull both of our rear quarter panels off and look at them and see if there is a difference side by side

I wouldn't be worried about the mpg.... I should think you would be more worried about the strain on your shoulders and back muscles trying to get the thing ON the roof. Try it with a couple of bags of sand. You'll see what I mean.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Lol i understand your concern however im am by no means a small person. Im 6 ft 300 pds and im not fat haha. I have been doing construction as a side job for about 8 years. I have to lug 300+ pd glass panels up stairs and hoist them up balconys

• Like 1