$60 Snorkel

mtnnate

It's hard to devalue a Pathy that regularly gets covered in mud and already has high mileage and low resale value...hehe

I'm with him! ;)

Guest packman5280

probably never sell my pathy, so the "devaluing" going on is when I leave it stock, and it has less value to me, due to decreased utility. besides, if I didn't hack up my truck, it would loook like everyone else's.

OK, so your Pathies are worth shlt over there. Fine. But what about the people on the side of the road that point at you laughing? :crazy: Do you carry with you a bag of shame?

P.S. A bag of shame can be any type of bag so long as it covers your head and face. Reason being............ TO HIDE YOUR EMBARRASMENT! -thnkboutit-

Edited by Vsicks Pathy

If you guys care less about they way your Pathies look, why not go strait up through the bonnet. You could do the job for under $10.00. Imagine how proud you all could be then. WOW!

Edited by Vsicks Pathy

If we go up through the "Bonnet" ...P.S. its called a "HOOD" here in the real world, we would have the problem of water coming over the "HOOD" and into the snorkle!

And in case you haven't got the idea, the Pathy owners here are'nt into 22" Dubs or any of that crap, were into making the Pathy an off road force to be recond with!

And in case you haven't got the idea, the Pathy owners here are'nt into 22" Dubs or any of that crap, were into making the Pathy an off road force to be recond with!

LOL!

Hey Vsicks,

Wake up and smell the blood, sweat, and mud.

Kmgar99! You Rock! I could not have said it better myself.AAAAAAAAAHH!!!

My, my, a little testy, aren't we ? I'll have you know my pathy can to climb a turd !! I know cause there are still bits of it stuck in the tread for proof !! :P Ease up buddy...

B

My, my, a little testy, aren't we ? I'll have you know my pathy can to climb a turd !! I know cause there are still bits of it stuck in the tread for proof !! :P Ease up buddy...

B

I found your post to be funny. :laugh:

Their posts are funny too. Not funny ha ha though. :crazy::crazy:

Guest packman5280

Vsicks, yes we can get snorkels here. No I don't want to pay $400 for it, when I get the same effect for $60. That would be stupid.

I don't care how it looks, I care how it works.

And don't you have to cut a hole in the fender to put on a "real" snorkel too? How is that any different?

You need to get a clue. We are here to build our trucks and share info, if you want to talk sh!t because someone doesn't build it like yours, go find someone else that thinks like you do.

And seriously, if you are going to do a motor swap, why a holden? That was stupid.

One more thing, how do you get a 5" suspension lift?

my thoughts - I dont care for the look of the homemade snorkel.

But hey, it's not my truck, it's yours - so go wild!

No need to get all riled up about it all.

Haha, I'm with Vicks on this one!!!

You wanna take a good look at his Finder!!!!

Its coils all round, solid front end, buick motor and the list goes on!!!!!

It is BUILT!!!!!!

Its common knowledge that PVC pipe is Sh1t for making snorkels from. Its way to brittle and brakes the first branch that hits it.

You better option would have been to make it from Stainless.

Like he points out, cutting a hole in your gaurd for somthing that is going to last 5mins off road is maddnes.

Sure you have to cut a hole for the proper snorkel, but the one you cut for the PVC special will be in the wrong place. So your screwed when you brake it!!!!

As for the picture some one drew of their water catch system.

WTF??

That holes going to be in the inner gard??

So why don't you just leave your standard intake on??

It draws from about the same level as your drain hole.

Serioulsy!!!!

Siting stuck in a puddle, or river the water is going to enter the intake from that point. You havn't improved you wading depth at all, just butchered your gaurd.

Now as for hat. If any of you had bothered to do any reaserch into snorkels before you decided to throw one together, or start flaming each other, you would have read that the hat on the snorkel is what seperates the water from the air.

The water collects in the back of the hat and runs out through holes, the air goes straight into the snorkel. Five mins on the airflow site and you would have read that.

No sh1t about not spending the $$ on a special hat for your hame made wonder, get a section of larger diameter PVC pipe and use that.

So this is what this site has come to. Bagging people because their rig is better than yours, or they use British terminology to describe things.

Take a good look at your selfs. Its Pathetic.

Pissed off.

Pete.

Edited by Diesel Boy

Guest packman5280

pretty sure it was vicks that started calling everybody out on their rigs, and how his is so much better, and ours can't run over a turd. good for him.

and yeah, pvc sux. that's why i am going to use ABS.