Possible Causes of Uneven Stance

wickedss85

Ok so after noticing that my Path had a little lean in its stance very slight mind you I did some measuring. The side to side difference is about an inch to an inch and a half towards the drivers side. So I know im gonna have to go into the suspension so I was trying to get an idea, am i looking at new coils and all or should new struts and shocks fix this issue? Like i said its not very noticeable from looking at it i guess i just caught it just right to see it. Thanks in advance.

Edited by RedPath88
Made title a little more clear ;)

I modified the title just a little to give more of an idea of what the thread is about... and maybe to help with future searches on the subject :aok:

First think that comes to mind is a stressed spring (possibly do to uneven load/overloading one side in the long term. But something else to look for would be damaged or excessively warn parts, such as bushings, that may be contributing to the issue.

Which axle has more of a lean? Front or rear? Sometimes a lean can be due to a problem on the opposing corner of the vehicle. For example, if you have a broken spring or very very low air pressure in the tire on the front right, then the rear left will appear to be higher than the rear right, even though there's technically nothing wrong with the rear at all.

Measure the front spring lengths from the top of the strut spring mount to the strut spring pan. Bounce the front corners of the vehicle to check for a sticking strut. Bounce the rear and check for a sticking shock.

Finally, if you suspect that you have a tired rear spring, consider swapping left with right to see if the lean changes sides.