ABS light on

k9sar

95 pathy SEV6

Before I dig through the FSM and do troubleshooting, thought I'd check with the masses and see if anyone has the easy/quick answer. The ABS idiot light on my instrument panel is on. My fluid was a little low but not below the minimum level on the reservoir. I topped off the brake fluid but the ABS light is still on. Anyone else have this happen and what was the cause? Just trying to save myself some diagnostic time cause I'm old and lazy.

In the FSM there is a diagnostic thing where you ground out one of the pins on that connector that hangs out near the fuse box. It makes the abs lights flash. There are codes you can pull from it. I did it on mine, was fairly easy and told me I had a bad sensor in the rear end.

k. thanks. I glanced at the diagnostic and saw the connector ground but didn't read much more because the family came home and I had to put my toys away and do yardwork.

I can't imagine the rear ABS is necessary for normal function though I wonder if they will pass it for inspection if there is an indicator of a problem with the brake system. hmmm... do I fix it with a piece of black electrical tape over the indicator or do I really look into the issue...???... hmmm...... :)