spark plugs

mudfinder

i need new sparks plugs, i jusst replaced myspark plugs maybe a year ago. the mechanic that put em in looks like didnt know what he was doing and should be pushed in front of a train. anyway, anyone know of any spark plugs that are good, i mean like the bosch 4 platnium something something something? or aanything better than that?

Ok, ok, I said it before and I'll say it again. All those fancy smancy $6-7 a pop sparks plugs really won't do much unless you upgrade your entire ignition system as well. Sure "they provide better spark", but with what? The exact same current supplied by your ingition, so you end up with the exact same spark more or less with those, than with the cheepies.. So, I personally can't justify tossin cash into a product that really won't do anything, unless I upgrade the whole system. It would be equvilant to putting racing cam into your motor and not upgrading you intake, exhaust and ECU. Oh, and I use NGK's BTW.

M.M.

i just changed my plugs and wires. i put the NGK's and bosch wires. my path still runs like Sh!t, i've changed the pcv valve, plugs, wires, gas filter, i've added injector clear. still bogs and hesitates. and now when i punch the gas, the rpm goes up down up down up down. the check engine light isn't on or anything. any other ideas on what it can be? oh yeah. i also don't ahvea any vacum leaks.

may be a dumb question but did you gap your plugs before installing them? They are never good right out of the package. I think it's supposed to be .33" -- .35" or something like that.

they did come pre gapped and yeah i did check them and they were correct. i also just changed my o2 sensor like 10 min. ago and same sh!t. i give up already can't find what the problem is. vacuum lines are good, plugs, wires, pcv valve, o2 senser, fuel filter, injectors, distributor, i think my next option is either a new truck or new engine.

ok...i checked out my haynes books and it doesn't say anything about disconnecting the ecu after replacing the o2 sensor. statikuz, i don't if you meant that for replacing the o2 sensor or just disconnect it period.