HELLO NPORA from the New owner of a 95 SE!

fergyrock

Hello All!

Well my 2 month long search for the right Pathfinder is finally over, and thanks to this Forum I knew what to look out for and how to recognize a good one. I needed a solid backup and play 4x4, got my '12 Mazda 3 HB for my daily and the wifes '14 CX-9 is by no means a trail /camping rig and basically off limits :laugh:

I managed to find an original owner, garaged (no rust), never wheeled, '95 SE with a manual, LSD, 4 wheel discs, leather and every available option but brush guards. It has 175k, mostly Hwy, it is in near perfect condition and runs better than any I checked out with a lot less miles. Has complete service records and the TB/WP, all fluids, and ignition were all done less than 10k ago. Tires are new, unfortunately he put on 235s but that will be upgraded before to long. About the only wear part that has never been replaced is the clutch but it still feels great.

With all the big service stuff out of the way, I get to use the rest of my budget making it a solid trail to moderate wheeling ring. going to do 1.5-2.5 suspension lift, Rancho RS9000XL's, upgrade the steering, and some A/T 31's. This summer I'm moving close to my in laws and my father in laws is going to teach me to weld by building some bumpers together.

So stoked I found this one, my patience paid off

IMG_20150227_085933_336_zpss2hg439w.jpgIMG_20150227_090016_386_zpsj6nqmug8.jpgIMG_20150227_085847_282_zps0rehcfvw.jpg

• Like 5

Welcome.! Are you sure those pictures aren't from 20 years ago? It looks brand new. Looks like you have a great playgound for it as well.

Took Them this morning, looked out my back door up at the mountain and clouds and thought it would make some nice pics.

It was a definite score, everything was right, including the price.

Yes it's Peavine Mountain, NW side of Reno. Good Wheeling and good MT biking out my back door. And Tahoe is only 30min away.

Congrats Bud, that looks really nice, and you got the best year too! :D

Don't worry about those miles, that's barely middle age for a WD21 and as long as that timing belt was changed already, there shouldn't be any major maintenance due for a bit. Make sure to check out the TSB in the Garage section about 'overfilling' the tranny with oil, that would be the first thing you would want to do (if it hasn't been done recently or sufficiently).

B

• Like 1

So Reno is Nevada right... is Tahoe? I'd love to have that kind of terrain where I live. The biggest mountain "close to" here is the neighbours manure pile. But I live in "Great Lakes/Thousand Island/St. Lawrence Lowland area so the the farther I go from home the bigger the mountains get.

• Like 1

@ precise1, Thanks man! was set on either a 94 or 95, if for no other reason, I like the dash more. I just picked up the gear oil today and will be doing the "overfill" this weekend. I plan to pull the fill plug first and see if it was overfilled already but regardless the trans is very quiet and shifts great so not worried about it. Biggest issue is the tired (pogo-stick) shocks, which will be resolved mid next week according to tracking numbers.

@kdj, yes Nevada, Love the mountains here, although quite arid and dusty, especially for the last few years, looking forward to moving to North Idaho this summer, I love the rain, snow and real forest.

I just eliminated the ugliest part of the Pathy today, the CA plates. Also it passed the smog test with flying colors, the techs were impressed with the numbers, got a good one!

• Like 1

Sorry, I missed where you said the TB was done already, I'd better slow down... :doh:

Another reason the 94-95 are the best years is that the timing belt change interval is 105k miles, not every 60k miles like the previous years. Big improvement!

B

Just finished the Tranny oil change/'overfill', not that it even had a hum before but man it is silent now, and changed the LSD oil. Tomorrow transfer case and front diff. And the Rancho's just showed up early, going to install them tonight, no more Pogo, although it is pretty funny hitting a dip and bouncing along for a while.