94 WD21 Exhaust Hangars

TheFatMacgyver

My Exhaust hangars are really haggard and need some attention. I had to weld a new muffler in because mine fell off due to rust lol. My question is, can the hangars on the frame rail be replaced? I just don't want the rust to spread because this is really the only rust on the car. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I looked on rockauto and i work at advance so I checked there system and the hangars that they list are not the same ones that are on my truck. This pathfinder is a California car and made its way all the way to nc so I think it being from Cali may have something to do with the odd hangars.

Kind of depends on how much of it's broken, how original you want it to be, and the tools at your disposal. I broke a stud off of one of my hangers, and found that I could just unbolt the broken hanger from the frame and weld a new bolt on where the stud used to be. The bracket that held it to the exhaust pipe was shot too, so I just welded up a new one out of scrap metal from a bed frame. I think it turned out pretty well; I actually like it better than the pipe clamp sort of deal that the exhaust shop put on there in the first place.

Can you get a picture of which hanger/hangers you're looking at?