why arent my pics loading

PINION

How exactly are you trying to do it?

• copy and pasting code from posting site
  • using the image button
  • manually typing the image code
  • or ???
Please post the plain url of one of the pics you are trying to post, without using the [ img ] code or using the button. If for some reason you cannot and are getting an error please manually type the following code to the beginning and end of the url

[code]type url here[/code]
Edited by RedPath88
Changed "[ url ]" to "[ img ]"

Sorry above I said [ url ] and [ /url ] but actually meant [ img ] and [ /img ]
(both without the spaces after [ and before ].

But that link in your prior post is not complete, it simply points to photobuckets site and not the actual image.

From photobucket you can get the image URL using the DIRECT link like this
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h245/RedPath88/First%20Annual%20MrJim%20Run/P1020279.jpg

With that you can manually add the code like this

[url=http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h245/RedPath88/First%20Annual%20MrJim%20Run/P1020279.jpg]

*Note: When using [ img ] and [ /img ] the forum will automaticly change them to [ img= and ] when posting. And remember that the spaces after the [ and before the ] must be removed to use them correctly.

Either of those will result in
P1020279.jpg

You can also copy the IMG link from Photobuckets site and paste it here, it will look like this

[url=http://s66.photobucket.com/user/RedPath88/media/First%20Annual%20MrJim%20Run/P1020295.jpg.html][img=http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h245/RedPath88/First%20Annual%20MrJim%20Run/P1020295.jpg][/URL]

and result in
P1020295.jpg

There is a problem with the image button and some browsers, it freezes the same way for me in IE11 but currently works (just tested) in fresh installs of Firefox and Chrome. I do not know if it is flash/java related, security setting related or directly related to the browser itself. Have not really look that deep into it, because I do and have always just manually typed the code in. :shrug:

You tried what???

Pics work fine in all the ways I described above... as long as you type out the code properly. Manually entering the code has nothing to do with your computer. Copy and pasting the "DIRECT" link entry in Photobook also works without issue.

If you are having problems with the image button entry method then that is another story but so far I cannot tell exactly what you have a problem with and what you do not, because you are not being clear on exactly what and how you are trying to post a pic.

Exactly what works and What does not?

What browser are you using or what browsers are you using?

Does it work in any of them, none of them, and how does it differ between them?

And just for good measure, what OS are you using?

I get a similar issue but only when I'm using my laptop with windows 8.1. I put in the url and hit the button and it just hangs. Then I go to my other computer, running 98se and the same thing works fine. I'm sure it has something to do with windows 8 or my laptop settings.

• Like 1

Ive tried all, I m on a few other forums, no problems loading pics there. I will just roll picless, moderator or admin, please delete.

Thanks all

So you can't cut and paste from PB?

Ok last try for me, since I am not receiving any useful information even though I have asked more than once...

Try hitting the little light switch looking button in the upper left of the text box tool bar, that will turn everything off and give you a text only view of what you type.

/done

If using photobucket... I've taken screen shots of photobucket and then uploaded them to photobucket to link them to here as an attempt to show how to use photobucket.

After you've uploaded. Second from the left link, at the bottom of the posted image. This is the typical "share" icon.

Screenshot_2014-10-05-15-41-56_zpstrlagd

Then click copy link.

Screenshot_2014-10-05-15-42-03_zps65krsp

Copy the DIRECT LINK to the image. None other.

Screenshot_2014-10-05-15-42-07_zpshtj1vx

If the image icon on our website doesn't work for you on your computer or phone (HTML issue?), manually type before pasting the link then / afterwords.

If need be I'll do the same but with the desktop view so the screen is exactly as a desktop computer.

Edited by Kingman

You tried what???

Pics work fine in all the ways I described above... as long as you type out the code properly. Manually entering the code has nothing to do with your computer. Copy and pasting the "DIRECT" link entry in Photobook also works without issue.

If you are having problems with the image button entry method then that is another story but so far I cannot tell exactly what you have a problem with and what you do not, because you are not being clear on exactly what and how you are trying to post a pic.

Exactly what works and What does not?

What browser are you using or what browsers are you using?

Does it work in any of them, none of them, and how does it differ between them?

And just for good measure, what OS are you using?

What ive tried is copy and past from the tag on PB, will, not past tp post, nothing comes up. Copy and past using the posting image box, page freezes and have to reload page. tried manually typing link, nothing happens. my os is w 7, 64bit,

I am on other forums and I know how to do this, I have no problem on 318ti.org, jeeprforum, chopperfix.

so what I have tried is what all of you have suggested. Thanks for your help.

just posted in NICO club with no problems, hmmm

Countless images are posted daily here at NPORA... and they appear without a problem, when they are entered correctly. "hmmm" indeed!

[imgjhttp:/i44.photobucket.com/albums/f35/69junk/IMG_2426_zpsc7999777.jpg

there it is, typed out, actaully typed a lot more, this is what showed when I submitted, not a pic. Im done too.

There is so much wrong with that link that I am not sure where to start... so let me just post a couple images showing it.

Posted link with INCORRECT URL and INCORRRCT Image Tags

PINION_BAD_URL_zpscfaac7a2.jpg

*showing the original as it appears in the post and as it appears in a quoted text box

CORRECTED URL with CORRECTED Image Tags

PINION_CORRRECTED_URL_1_zps2fc1a580.jpg

CORRECTED with Image Tags Option 2 (and what the forum automatically changes the first option too)

PINION_CORRRECTED_URL_2_zps10f3b328.jpg

And the result of a proper entry is

IMG_2426_zpsc7999777.jpg

What ive tried is copy and past from the tag on PB, will, not past tp post, nothing comes up. Copy and past using the posting image box, page freezes and have to reload page. tried manually typing link, nothing happens. my os is w 7, 64bit,

I imagine that you are using IE11, as I mentioned previously (bottom of post 6 to be exact), something about IE11 does not like the text entry box, nor does it like the image box that pops up. So Stop using the image box if you are using IE11, just paste the PB link directly into the text box.

Now about that, something about IE11 does not seem to like that either, so if nothing appears then turn off the advanced features of the box by hitting the little light switch (also mentioned earlier) in the upper left of the tool bar and pasting will work normally.

HERE

Text_Box_Switch_zps2bd13cac.jpg

I don't have a problem admitting when im wrong, never said I wasn't. I tried what I tried, thanks for your help. you might wanna chill out on the flaming, doesn't look good on ya

I don't have a problem admitting when im wrong, never said I wasn't. I tried what I tried, thanks for your help. you might wanna chill out on the flaming, doesn't look good on ya

That wasn't flaming by a long shot, it was a lot of people taking a lot of time to show you how to do something quite basic. It is simply 'follow the instructions', just like a package of Top Ramen... ;)

Nice Pathfinder, the chrome on black looks nicer than I would have thought.

B