Bad way to start the day

CIGARGUY

Ouch, but yes, the damage isn't too bad. The push bars actually helped instead of amplifying the damage, so you didn't hit them too hard. I say that as long as everyone is OK, just take it as a lesson to watch out a little better (assuming you could have avoided it).

I don't believe ARB full bumpers for the R50, just these... http://store.arbusa.com/ARB-Sahara-Bar-Nissan-Pathfinder-2000-02-3938020-P3347.aspx

B

No airbags but the worst news is what isn't seen. Very severe damage to the core support, fan, radiator, etc. none of it major damage but, according to my guy at the body shop, the insurance company will most likely want to total it. I have to wait for their inspector to see what happens.

Ok, so the grill guard did flex back and damage things. I'm sorry to hear that...

Still it shouldn't be enough to total it out, and if they try, take a pay out, buy the vehicle back and make it driveable again. You might not have much resale, but it doesn't sound like that is your concern, and doing it this way shouldn't cost you anything out of pocket, especially if you source some used parts where possible.

B

What precise said. Picking up the core support would probably be the hardest part. But it depends on your market for R50 if they total it. Down here a clean facelift R50 with less than 150k pulls $5k+!!!

That sucks man. Well at least its fairly easy to repair. And if you want. A Arb winch bumper actually costs less then replacement of factory style.

I just looked at a replacment plastic bumper cover for my '03. It cost $28.95 plus about $70.00 shipping. Can I get an ARB for that? Sign me up!

I haven't ruled anything out. It's got 155k and very minor in the rear wheel wells. It's definitely not perfect but is a good runner. I'm just waiting to see what they come back with. In my former life I spent 12 years as a sales manager in the car business so I've been around the block a few times with insurance companies. I know their game as well as they do. My next move will completely depend on what they say.

Hard to tell from the photos but if it hasn't messed up the frame rails...the rest looks very fixable. Or leave it with the "don't mess with me look". Almost forgot to say sorry about the accident.

Edited by kdj

Well, I finally got word back from the insurance company. They're figuring the preliminary assessment at $3400 in damage and will always find more once they dig into it. With a $4500 retail value, the beast won't be seeing anymore road time. I asked about buying it back but was told that it could no longer be titled in the state of Florida with a salvage title. First time I've ever heard of that (we moved here less than a year ago from Indiana) but after doing some digging I found out that's accurate. Due to a very long commute to work and some financial constraints I'll be looking for something a little more fuel efficient. Thanks for the hospitality!

Crap, I'm sorry to hear that, but that is the way it goes sometimes. :shrug:

One last question that might still help you, can you buy it back and not title it. IE put it in your driveway and part it out, then call a wrecker to haul off the carcass off when you are done? Depending how far you want to go, you could make some pretty good coin by selling parts both local and with shipping. The stripped carcass of my first WD21 was worth almost $400 alone when the wrecker came to pick it up...

B

Wish I could, but living in a condo community they get funny about stuff like that. If I had a garage if do it in a heartbeat!

Damn! That could have helped you out a bit...

Rebelord has a good point though, I don't think they can challenge that.

B

At least tell them you want to remove some stuff form the vehicle that is yours and you want to keep personally. Like, your Yakima rack and what ever else you put in. Like a radio ect.

I pulled things off prior to them even laying eyes on it. I went over today and removed personal items and the stereo system.