4x4design.com * New product - Front Skidplate- pre-order starting

fleurys

By popular demand, I have decided to bring back one of my old product that was retired because the time and effort for the profit was just not there. Therefore I have decided to cut on some features but refused to bring down the quality of the material. The front skid plate that I will soon offer will have these features:

1) 1/4" aluminum. I went with this for many reasons. If you ever had to do an oil change while having to remove a 45lbs steel plate, you know what I mean. The weight is just to much and it is not tougher than 1/4" aluminum on the trail. My plate will weigh around 16lbs. Second reason : RUST. Even if you paint a steel plate, it will rust the first time you scratch it. This is continual maintenance that I feel unnecessary.

2) Slotted holes. This will help with the installation

3) Powdercoated finish. All plates will be powdercoated black. The reason for this is that aluminum does not always have a great finish coming from the factory. They sometimes have scratches etc.. Buffing the plate to a mirror finish takes time and costs money. Powdercoating offers the best weather and off-road protection while giving a top notch finished look.

*** THIS SKIDPLATE WILL NOT FIT A PATHFINDER THAT HAS A SFD (SUB FRAME DROP) LIFT KIT INSTALLED. ***

The price for the plate will be 215 USD$ Shipping (USA and Canada) and hardware included.

In order to get the product back, I need at least 6 pre-order. I will let this opened until the end of august and if the demand is there, I will restart the production and start shipping during september

For the pre-order, I ask for a deposit of 100$USD. Of course if the 6 pre-order are not achieved, you will get refunded in full. If on the other hand, you do not want the skidplate once the production has started, i keep the deposit

If you are interested in pre-ordering , simply send me the following details at steve_fleury3-at-yahoo.com or by private messages.
1) Full name
2) complete shipping address
3) email address for paypal invoice (if different from the one you are writing from)
4) daytime phone number (for delivery company)

PRE-ORDER LIST - (6 needed for production)

1) Richard Taylor (PAID ** special Edition - RED **
2) Reid Graham (PAID)
3) Cola Richard Nelson Jr. (PAID)
4) Dustin Pridham (PAID)
5) Rayce Rybin - (PAID)
6) Virgil D. (PAID)

** WE HAVE A NEW PRODUCT ! **

7) Lee Jernigan - (PAID)
8) Richard Bogusky - (PAID)
9) David Cleveland- (PAID)
10) Kyle Akre - (PAID)
11) Kevin Chim - (PAID)
12) Dan Fasanella - (PAID)
skidplate-2014_zps35d9954a.jpg
skidplate-2014-1_zpsf371cad8.jpg

Edited by fleurys

Oh son of a...

Busy doing repairs to my pathfinder and bought new tires yesterday on order so bad timing for me and my budget. :( I will see what I can do...

Any chances of bringing back the bushings you had? I think I remember you did it before... If not my bad

I would post this at expo nissan forum though. I am sure there will be people who would love to change over to aluminum for less weight.

I don't know this forum.... can you pass me the info of the link in pm please? Thanks.

S.

So if you do the preorder is it only $100.00, not $215.00?? If so I'm in for sure!!

No.. The 100$ is a deposit. I'm looking for customers that are willing to commit 100$ to get the skidplate. If i get 6 deposits , i will restart the production of the skidplate and make it a permanent product. If not, i will drop the project and refund those who gave the deposit.

On the other hand , if you gave a deposit and that at production time you do not want the skidplate anymore, like any other deposit, i keep it.

--- thanks for question. I edited the original post to clarify it ---

Edited by fleurys

Any possibility of doing a combo order with the missing link? If we can get a certain number of pre-orders would you think about bringing that back as well?

The missing link is not a good commercial product. I made mine with off-road in mind and i just could not get near the price jackson was selling his, even though it was build completely differently...

I doubt people would pay 100$ for something they can build differently for 20$. ... I refuse to make something cheap just for the sake of making money... A reputation takes years to build and can be crushed in a few hours... I'd rather pass on this product...

• Like 1

Where are the holes for air circulation? How many? Are the above pics what they actually look like or is that just a basic shape? I'm very interested. Also, I'm assuming this will replace the oem plastic skid plate?

Where are the holes for air circulation? How many? Are the above pics what they actually look like or is that just a basic shape? I'm very interested. Also, I'm assuming this will replace the oem plastic skid plate?

No holes for air circulation. Not necessary. Picture is what it will be..pretty much final design. Yes it does replace the plastic skid. It will come with zink plated black bolts and washers.

S.

Edited by fleurys

:excl: ** ONLY 2 weeks to go before the closing of the Pre-Order... If you want this product added to my catalog, now it's time to do the move *** 2 more pre-sales and we are good to go..*** :excl: