Anyone Ever Remove Their Doors?

mikestewart395

If you plan to drive it offroad you will be fine. I know that it is illegal in most (if not all) states because you will not have your outdoor mirrors.

As for looking silly? Nah ... I have seen a lot of Jeep Cherokees with their doors removed on our local trails. I kind of dig the look. Post pics if you decide to follow through. :)

Edited by devonianwalk

I will post some pics when I do. Good heads up on the mirror thing though. Never thought of that.I'll do it after I mount the winch and Hi-Lift. I am flipping the idea in my head to Bed Line the inside of the cab. I have to dig the carpet out to mount the ECM in the glove box. I was thinking of just ripping out the carpet, adding some drain plugs, and bed lining it. That's for another thread though.

Sounds to me like you are planning to wheel her a bit. Look for mirror mounting options to keep you legal. Here in South Carolina you only need the driver side mirror as long as you have a rear view mirror. Oh, and I know that in some northern states you have to have doors to keep your extremities in the cabin (knees, elbows, etc.) But, thankfully, we live in the "dirty south" and can get away with it!! :aok:

Yup, I used to hit the woods almost daily but about 3 months ago I hit a water trap some azzjack with 44's set up in a water hole. Got dunked pretty good, fried the ECM. I havent wheeled since, been busy chasing down everything that got shorted out. But I am doing a somewhat major overhaul to it so I am more prepared. Next week hopefull, I will have the winch on, ECM bagged and moved to the glove box, carpet out and inside bed lined with drain plugs. For starters.

And all the Jeeps around here go doorless so I am guessing there is no FLA law against it. I will look into those mirrors though. Perhaps it is time to look for fender mounting options. Yay, another custom project!!!!

Speaker wires I'm going to put a disconnect on it. I have thousands of them in my garage from my Electrical days. To be honest I don't think they work anymore. Driver side went dead last year sometime. I did watch a Jeeper do the hinges for his Cherokee this weekend so I have an awesome Idea. I will do it this weekend and post a video/pics by Sunday if I can.

I was thinking of just ripping out the carpet, adding some drain plugs, and bed lining it. That's for another thread though.

If you do this definitely post some pictures and tell us how it turn out, I've been tossing the idea around as a future project.

I will. I'm probably going to shoot a short quick video. After I replace my cv axle on the car in the morning then I will move to the Pathy. So maybe in a couple of days.

And it is usually my DD. Half doors are out of the question. Especially being in the middle of our rainy season in FLA.

Edited by mikestewart395

Once my Pathy is strictly for off-roading, yes, the doors r coming off. Might try & have some tube doors like JEEP's have. Thinking about taking rear tailgate off also, but keeping the tire carrier on. Looks tight.