Blower motor difference

Ok so the first thing I had to do to my pathy when I got it is replace the blower motor... For some reason they listed the 1994 as a different style than any other WD... But this proved to be an incorrect part... I had to go to the other one that all other WD used... So if you gotta change it pull your old one out and if it doesn't match try another year

P.s. Did anyone else experience this

That's weird, rockauto lists them the same from 87-95. I had to replace the one in my old 95 and it looks exactly the same as the one I pulled from a JY truck for a spare recently. The one in my 94 I just cleaned it actually, and it looks the exact same.

Yeah I just looked it up again on Oreilly autos website and it shows the same # now... Maybe it was a glitch in their system... In other news related to that is there a way to keep leaves out of it?

the later version vent grilles do a better job.

original version

oldvent_zps45aa28a7.jpg

later version

newvent_zps699cc804.jpg

I have seen someone once that put chicken wire under the grille but it looked like crap IMHO.

as far as 100% sure fire way....no.

If you go to any dealer and try to order those cowl vent grilles, the part superceedes to the new number.

It is the part number from the hardbody truck from production dates 01/96-08/97.

on those fans, if I remember correctly the early 21 series with just the heater had a lighter fan motor. The Calsonic A/C kits

came with a heavier duty fan. Almost all the vehicles came from the factory without A/C only the Maxima and the Z came

with factory A/C Of course it's been over 25 years so I could be wrong