Someone with FAST do a part comparison?

ferrariowner123

Hey guys, working a on a new project, i recently imported something fun from Japan and i'm trying to get it work.

It came from a GTR, and long story short is this part is IMPOSSIBLE to find cheaply in the states, and since its a common part on alot of Nissan cars, i want to know if i can find it something a little easier to find in the US.

the part number is 25075-05U00, its the oil temperature sending unit for the RB26DETT, i believe came in the all the RB's, but i'm not sure (not much help as im fairly sure the RB engines were never brought into the states with a US production car). And i had one site confirm that its the same as what comes in the Pulsar GTI-R SR20DET (again, not much help). It looks identical to every Nissan coolant temp sensor I've seen, and I've got a sneaking suspicion that they are the same.

I tried to get FAST working with some success, so if someone can run that and see if any other cars used it, i'd appreciate it very much!!!

Thanks

-Kyle

Number comes up using the JP & EL versions of FAST to the N14 and R32 models, part number does not come up using US FAST,

In your post you say it's an oil pressure sender than later say it's the coolant sensor, which one is it? Part number comes up as the oil sender.

What are you working on/trying to do ?

Number comes up using the JP & EL versions of FAST to the N14 and R32 models, part number does not come up using US FAST,

In your post you say it's an oil pressure sender than later say it's the coolant sensor, which one is it? Part number comes up as the oil sender.

What are you working on/trying to do ?

Sorry, i have to stop making posts late at night, its an oil temperature sensor, and it sends reading to the passenger compartment to this guy,

!CCI(3UQB2k~$(KGrHqUOKpYE0V)GNPOSBNKKiPM

i was going to replace the boost with an oil pressure gauge (they are all the same for most of the cars they came and just drop right in between the different can's they rest in). But trying to mount my today and it looks like complete crap, since its from an R33, it has a notch in the top right for the dash on the R33 and it makes a HUGE panel gap in my car, plus my "mounting" technique wasn't really on point. I was going to try and get one from a Stagea, as they have a simialr mounting pattern as the pocket under my radio.

The problem is that the Stagea guage cluster are to come by, the old school Nismo one above with what looks a boost sensor and maybe a oil temp sensor was going for $250ish, thats before all of the broker and shipping fees. Thats a little too much for me.

My other option is the gauge set from a GTI-R, seeing as they are flat face, DIN size gauges, but they look a little TOO old school for me...

GTiR_gauges.jpg

So i don't what i'm going to do now, i put my pocket back in because i couldn't stand looking at this AWFUL panel gap.

13937957266_a5885d0aa1_c.jpg

I am still curious at what else that would fit, but it seems like you came up with the same cars, the skylines, and pulsar GTI-R.

Maybe PM Rob - "Alkorahil" - I imagine he can give you solid insight into part cross-applications.

I dont like to bug Rob with JDM searches experimental nonsense, i've been trying to get my copy of FAST working, and it seems like everything that can go wrong, is. So idk.

Thanks for the help guys.

-Kyle

25075-05U00 is not a US part.

that part number was used on the following models:

C35 W/ RB25DET

AWC34 W/ RB25DET

R33 W/ RB26DETT

R34 W/ RE25DET

Y34 W/ RB25DET

N14 HATCH W/ SR20DET

R32 W/ RB26DETT

I will ask Motorsports tomorrow when I call them for something else and see if they can source 25075-05U00.

You could also try japanparts.com but they charge full list and shipping is high but most likely can get it.

25075-05U00 is not a US part.

that part number was used on the following models:

C35 W/ RB25DET

AWC34 W/ RB25DET

R33 W/ RB26DETT

R34 W/ RE25DET

Y34 W/ RB25DET

N14 HATCH W/ SR20DET

R32 W/ RB26DETT

I will ask Motorsports tomorrow when I call them for something else and see if they can source 25075-05U00.

You could also try japanparts.com but they charge full list and shipping is high but most likely can get it.

Thanks Rob, that's very helpful!

Pretty much have the exact thing, and its literally a millimeter off from threading perfectly. As with other people trying to run remote oil filters, the stupid power steering pump tension arm gets in the way, so i think when my next new job starts (NEXT MONDAY!!!) ill go pick up an angle grinder and take a little off the plate and a little off the arm. The ONLY issue i can find is that the oil plate i have is threaded for 1/8 NPT for the three sensor, but the Nissan sensor is an M12X1.25, so ill have to figure out how to drill and out and tap it out, from what i have found, it doesn't seem that hard.

-Kyle

Why don't you just make a bezel to fit around the whole thing to cover the gap? what vehicle is that in?

Because the Stagea is actually designed to be mounted in a similar way to how the pathfinder din pocket is, so my chances of getting that to work are going to be higher, plus i want the oil pressure gauge so its a win, win.

and that last one is in my car, really bummed with how it came out, mainly because its out an R33 so it has the silly notch on the top right. So yeah, i'm going to have to figure out what i want to do soon. Because $75 for that sensor is insane.

-Kyle

My other option is the gauge set from a GTI-R, seeing as they are flat face, DIN size gauges, but they look a little TOO old school for me...

Go with the old school. Not only is newer not necessarily better, but they are far easier to read at a glance. ;)

The ONLY issue i can find is that the oil plate i have is threaded for 1/8 NPT for the three sensor, but the Nissan sensor is an M12X1.25, so ill have to figure out how to drill and out and tap it out, from what i have found, it doesn't seem that hard.

Ok, ready for school? :D

The 'cheat', but still accurate, way to calculate the minor diameter of a metric thread is to subtract the pitch from the major diameter. For M12x1.25, the minor diameter of 10.75mm falls well within the true machinist range of 10.647-10.912mm. (Threads are 60 degrees included angle, so think of it cut in 1/2 down the center of the thread, it forms a 30-60-90 triangle with the sides ratio of 1, root3, 2 respectively)

10.75mm=.423"

1/8-27 NPT is a tapered thread (although you can straight bore the female side) with an engaging major diameter range of .334-.356".

What you want to do is champher the pipe threaded hole (with a uniflute countersink to avoid chatter) to .450", drill it out with a 27/64 (.422") bit, and then tap with the M12x1.25. Easy peasy... ;)

Looks like you will be out $15 for the tap though. Sorry, I don't have one to loan, that is an odd size...

http://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tn/Threading/Hand-Taps?searchterm=m12x1.25+tap&navid=4287924391

B

• Like 1

Go with the old school. Not only is newer not necessarily better, but they are far easier to read at a glance. ;)

Ok, ready for school? :D

The 'cheat', but still accurate way, to calculate the minor diameter of a metric thread is to subtract the pitch from the major diameter. For M12x1.25, the minor diameter of 10.75mm falls well within the true machinist range of 10.647-10.912mm. (Threads are 60 degrees included angle, so think of it cut in 1/2 down the center of the thread, it forms a 30-60-90 triangle with the sides ratio of 1, root3, 2 respectively)

10.75mm=.423"

1/8-27 NPT is a tapered thread (although you can straight bore the female side) with an engaging major diameter range of .334-.356".

What you want to do is champher the pipe threaded hole (with a uniflute countersink to avoid chatter) to .450", drill it out with a 27/64 (.422") bit, and then tap with the M12x1.25. Easy peasy... ;)

Looks like you will be out $15 for the tap though. Sorry, I don't have one to loan, that is an odd size...

http://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tn/Threading/Hand-Taps?searchterm=m12x1.25+tap&navid=4287924391

B

That first part was insane, but the bit size and tap part, that i get, haha, Thanks, that saved ALOT of hassle at Tacoma Screw

Kyle I sent you a PM about the sender

Thanks Rob, you didn't need to do all that.

-Kyle