BOSCH Platinum Ir Fusion Plugs

This is sort of on topic, I have to change mine but I'm worried about getting the old ones out. Has anyone ever broken one trying to get an old one out? Mine look so bad (the ones I can see) I'm worried about snapping them off. Maybe I should have my local garage change them? I don't mind tackeling old rusty bolts but I don't want to snap off a plug in the head.

KDJ, shoot some pblaster at them for a few days before you try them. Whether you do them or take it to a shop it should make them easier to budge.

The twin blade head on them = bigger spark = more fuel usage

How would that work exactly? The spark plugs don't regulate fuel mix, they just set off combustion. If a bigger spark makes for a more complete combustion, I would expect slightly better fuel economy.

That really is overkill for these motors. Kingman said it right...

This is sort of on topic, I have to change mine but I'm worried about getting the old ones out. Has anyone ever broken one trying to get an old one out? Mine look so bad (the ones I can see) I'm worried about snapping them off. Maybe I should have my local garage change them? I don't mind tackeling old rusty bolts but I don't want to snap off a plug in the head.

Looks don't mean anything, the resistanced you get is what matters. Soak them as stated, break them loose, then unscrew. If there is significant resistance, only unscrew about 1 turn at a time, spraying penetrant each time and let it sit for a bit, meaning move on to the next plug and so on. You have to give the metal time to cool, as the resistance you feel generates tremendous friction/heat. When things get too hot, that is when they gall and you strip threads.

Sometimes it helps to screw them back in 1/2 a turn, then back out 1.5 turns as well. I say give it a try on the easy side and see how it goes. Then, if still in doubt, pay someone else to strip them out... :D

B

• 2 weeks later...

Whats best

V- Power # 3696 @ $2.29 per

Or GP Platinum # 7092 @ $3.19 per

Or ??

Right now at Autozone, if you buy 4 or more plugs, you get a $10 gift card in the mail till May 10th 2014

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/1991-Nissan-Datsun-Pathfinder-2WD/Spark-Plug/_/N-j55hpZ8gctd?filterByKeyWord=ngk+spark+plug&fromString=search&pageNumber=1

Edited by Captain_Crazy

Anybody here ever use them?

I just got a set - $.10.98 a pair at Walmart.

Was just wondering if they're good?

So how are these working out for you? Did you have some kind of baseline to compare the new vs the old? I'm interested because I'm about to get a set of plugs and I've kinda been wondering about these Bosch Fusion plugs...pretty steep though at $60 bucks for a set... :scratchhead:

Edited by gv280z

NPORA Old-Timer,

I didn't put them in yet, i was thinking of returning them after reading others comments here. I pulled one plug to see what's in there now, they're just single prong Autolite plugs.

Watch this NGK Video - especially at 1 min into the video. Let me know what you think.

Amazons site has good comments on these Bosch plugs. But posters here got me wondering.

Edited by Captain_Crazy