my new engine, titan v8

Nissanland

I was thinking about doing the very same swap. But in my Impreza.

Only Subaru guys can look at the long block of a boxer engine and go oh yeah, that a "insert EJ5435Hxr engine title here". :lmao:

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123

Only Subaru guys can look at the long block of a boxer engine and go oh yeah, that a "insert EJ5435Hxr engine title here". :lmao:

-Kyle

Because for about 20 years there was only one that was used in everything. The EJ (4 cylinder) series which came anywhere between 1.5 and 2.5L. And the other "specialty" six cylinder engines are the EG and the EZ series and these generally only came in one specific model, SVX and "H6" badged Legacy's respectively. The EZ, shown above, is a direct bolt in to anything that has an EJ from the factory as it was designed to fit in the same engine bay as an EJ.

That is an EG33 out of an SVX. That is the only car that got that motor. It is essentially the EJ22 that subby used for many years, and considered the best (most bullet proof and least likely to blow HG's) motor they ever made, with 2 more cylinders. All EZ motors (EZ30D and EZ30Z) had a timing chain. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...... FWIW, it was a fun car to drive. WRX power with torque just off idle.

It's all good though !! We're all just having fun with it, was just a good April fool's joke thread, who would put brew motor in a pathy, it's like cotton candy and peanut butter, both are sticky, but I wouldn't put them together. LOL

Pretty sure this thread isn't about Stupidurus...

B

Pretty sure this thread is about engine swaps where you take the OEM motor and replace with another that adds two cylinders. At least "stupidurus" can do such a swap. I'd love to see a V8 in a Pathfinder that didn't require ANY fabrication.

If you want things to stay on topic B, you should first make sure we ever left the topic.

OH WAIT THIS THREAD IS IN OFF-TOPIC, lulz.

Pretty sure this thread isn't about Stupidurus...

B

Here you seem to express some sort of dislike for Subaru's, I can't quite pin point it, but it might be where you attempted to conjoin the words 'stupid' and 'subaru'. From that it could be under safe assumption that you've had a bad experience with them and might be butt hurt over the mention of them.

Leave the butt hurt at the door and play nice. ;)

B

K.

No love or hate for them, I couldn't care less.

Again...

my new engine, titan v8

Didn't want to make a big deal about it, but Subaru (Stupidu, what ever I want to call them) has no mention so let it go. :rolleyes:

B

Ok let's see what happens if we can get a look at Nissan pathfinder engine swaps, that should make it a little more fun again. I know we have some good swap stories. :)

Edited by Nissanland

Ok let's see what happens if we can get a look at Nissan pathfinder engine swaps, that should make it a little more fun again. I know we have some good swap stories. :)

I once put a 3.3L in place of my factory 3.0. No replacement for displacement ;)

• Like 2

Wow, I touched a nerve. Most people who don't like Subarus REALLY don't like Subarus. I don't know why, but it seems to be the case. IDK if it's the hatred for WRX owners, idiot kids in general, or the fact that Subaru owners are soooooo fanatical. I honestly don't really even care. I bought my first one because I wanted to go off-road and couldn't afford a jeep. Now, I'm trying to get mine in good enough condition to sell so I can buy a Pathy (because I still can't afford a Jeep). Oh, and that was swapped into a Forester, not a leggy. Now to the important question; would the V8 fit in a Pathy? Will it bolt up to the tranny? Is this a do-able swap? Anyone want to gimme enough money to prove it is do-able? :lol:

And FWIW, my butt doesn't hurt. A bit of good natured teasing about cars.. on a car forum.. is okay with me.

Edited by jgrote

Wow, I touched a nerve. Most people who don't like Subarus REALLY don't like Subarus. I don't know why, but it seems to be the case. IDK if it's the hatred for WRX owners, idiot kids in general, or the fact that Subaru owners are soooooo fanatical. I honestly don't really even care. I bought my first one because I wanted to go off-road and couldn't afford a jeep. Now, I'm trying to get mine in good enough condition to sell so I can buy a Pathy (because I still can't afford a Jeep). Oh, and that was swapped into a Forester, not a leggy. Now to the important question; would the V8 fit in a Pathy? Will it bolt up to the tranny? Is this a do-able swap? Anyone want to gimme enough money to prove it is do-able? :lol:

And FWIW, my butt doesn't hurt. A bit of good natured teasing about cars.. on a car forum.. is okay with me.

Forester's got that same silly "Outback" cladding like the Legacy Outbacks did? Gross. Are you needing to cut the core support to fit the radiator? Is there a build thread I can check out, I'm really interested!

And I doubt a V8 is going to fit in the engine bay of a Pathfinder without MAJOR work. The V6 is already shoehorned in the bay!

I don't like subarus, but I have worked on many of them. Why do you ask? Well, head gaskets. What other engine manufacture has that many engine problems and people still like them? I don't think putting new headgasket in your engine every 60,000 miles is a way of life. But it sure is for subaru owners. Heck, in the two years working at this Toyota dealer,I have replaced three turbos in several of them. There are tsb's about replacing tiny little filters to keep debris from killing the engine motor! Heck of a design guys! I will say this, subaru has done a fine job getting the environmental friendly people on board with their products. Too bad they leak oil and coolant all over the place. And besides the WRX, they are not fun to drive. I have people tell me about the awd system they have, but there are lots more to chose from nowadays that are just as good, if not better. That's my 2 cents!

Ok, a Titan motor would be awesome, but man that would be challenging figuring out the rest of the drivetrain!

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

I would think it could be done, I forgot where I saw the article, but it was about the titan motor in a frontier, it uses the transmission, transfer case and axles from the titan, they had to shorten the drive shaft and custom build up the suspension, yeah give me the time and funds to get it done and I would be in it til I got it done. But hey that's what we do as truck builders, we dream and fabricate. Someday you will see it done, mark my words.

Is there a build thread I can check out, I'm really interested!

www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f145/h6-into-my-sf-70682/

For some reason I can't post a link in the body of a post, but I can in a quote? Weird. Have a fun read; it went on for quite a few months. And yes, I did cut the core support out to get the rad. in there. Don't worry though, I put it back in. I made it bolt-in like on an S-10. And for all you guys that think Subaru has a hard time off road... click on the second link. I've been wheeling with this guy. We passed a few Jeeps on the trails that wouldn't go where we went. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I could probably do these things in a pathy too, but I did them in a STATION WAGON!

Now someone do some measuring and see if it will fit! I'm not afraid of a little cutting and welding. A V8 Pathy would be a blast. My first question would be will it bolt to the stock tranny. That simplifies things quite a bit. (It did in a Subaru;))

Edited by jgrote