Unknown wires killing the Pathy

Pathseeker

Ok, I'm having a problem figuring this one out.. for several months the Pathy would be running and then as I'm driving would start losing power, the radio would start cutting out, then the dash, then the engine dies. Eventually (sometimes days or weeks) later I could get it to start again then the same thing would happen. hasn't started at all for 6-8 months.. I just haven't been able to work on it.. Replaced the starter relay yesterday, it jump started, now it runs but there are a couple wires right next to the battery that if I wiggle them while its running the engine dies.. no idea what they are or where they go.. they seem tight but... connect to the Positive terminal, about 4 inches long between the connectors and head toward the passenger side where the starter relay is.. any ideas on what these are?IMG_20140329_192942_072_zps502cd912.jpg

It could also be a crappy connection in the plugs too. Take them out and place a multimeter across each end of the wires and check for continuity to see if they have fused out or not.

Ok, I originally thought fusible links but when I took them to the auto parts store they did not recognize them as such and had no info on the electrical system.. thanks guys!

I cut the battery end of the plug off on my 94 I had as the metal that it connects too on the battery terminal broke, so I put the wires all into a large butt connector than ran a short piece of 6 gauge to the new terminal:

11vsays.jpg

this was the first replacement battery terminal:

5o4k0.jpg

Than found these at Oreily, good quality and for Less than $4 each: ( the one on the right, replaced the Negative also)

2r5coia.jpg

Edited by ahardb0dy
  • Like 1

I cut the battery end of the plug off on my 94 I had as the metal that it connects too on the battery terminal broke, so I put the wires all into a large butt connector than ran a short piece of 6 gauge to the new terminal:

11vsays.jpg

this was the first replacement battery terminal:

5o4k0.jpg

Than found these at Oreily, good quality and for Less than $4 each: ( the one on the right, replaced the Negative also)

2r5coia.jpg

+1 ! Man that's beautiful! can you make me one of these? :D I can send you some $ for the effort.... I had this issue a while back but the dealership jerry rigged it so I want to make it right.