Hello There

Hey everyone, I am the proud new owner of an R50.

2hmmrs1.jpg

This is a 2004 LE Platinum with 68,000 miles on it. It is a one owner vehicle and he just imported it from the States. He lived in Seattle before this. I just scooped her up today and couldnt be more happy.

I've almost exculsively owned VW's or Audi's prior to this and have loved wrenching on them to make them my own. This should be no different.

Plans for now don't include much other than i really good clean, detail, and carpet shampoo.

Future plans = small lift, BFG AT's on some steelies (these tires are brand new so that will be a while), some nice fogs on the front, custom projector HID retrofit, and maybe manual hubs in the front.

I've been trollin the forums for a while now because I've known that i wanted a Pathy and was just waiting for the right one.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

My first step of action would be selling me that grill guard :laugh:

No but in all seriousness that is one clean Pathy. There are plenty of small lift options as I'm sure you know by scanning the forum. I have some 16" steelies on 32" M/T's that I'm throwing on this weekend. Keep an eye out! Welcome.

Very nice find Bud! :aok:

and maybe manual hubs in the front.

No 'maybe' about it IMO. $100 and 1 hour will give you better mileage, reduce front drive train wear and tear and by some reports, drive and steer smoother. You can always lock them when you first get in to be able to shift on the fly, but do not have the selector knob on AUTO if they are not locked in (if you have that feature).

Welcome to NPORA BTW. :beer:

B

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Immediate question to anyone with some interior detailing/cleaning experience.

It seems to me that the previous owner may have been a painter by trade because after cleaning and conditioning the leather there are little spots of white paint throughout the interior. At a quick glance they look like dust so i figured they would just come out with a good leather cleaner, but no.

Does anyone have any recomendations for what i could use to remove the specks of paint without damaging the leather?

(I'm assuming anything like acetone, paint thinner, turpentine, etc.. will just destroy the leather so i'm hoping something else will do the trick)

2mxifm0.jpg

2rnvdag.jpg

pics for reference

I would suggest Meguiar's Online for that question. There are so many leather cleaners out there it's silly, but I suggest first a mild cleaner like Meguiars Quik interior Detailer first, and go up from there. I used to be a Detailer before my office job, and learned an insane amount from Meg's Online. Hope it helps!

I would suggest Meguiar's Online for that question. There are so many leather cleaners out there it's silly, but I suggest first a mild cleaner like Meguiars Quik interior Detailer first, and go up from there. I used to be a Detailer before my office job, and learned an insane amount from Meg's Online. Hope it helps!

Thanks Karmann, I'll see what I can find out.

• Like 1