Name that part!

Karmann

E33BF6E4-956A-402B-9CEB-B69C3D3E54E5_zps

So this thing has been making a pretty consistent, chirping/squeaking noise, which is highly annoying. I know it is related to the HVAC, and have taken the cover off of it, but haven't been able to find any part numbers etc so I can replace it. Any help in identifying it is much appreciated.

Thanks!

I had a feeling, but just wanted to be sure that I wasn't tearing into something I shouldn't be. I'm not joking, but thanks.

Much more used to vehicles which don't even have this type of equipment. :laugh:

Edited by Karmann

So I took the whole assembly apart, and the motor is toast, because there was actually no/little dirt buildup etc. Ordering a new one: has anyone ever heard of a company called TYC?

Edited by Karmann

Yes, used them for the fans on my brothers vw. No complaints.

Ok good, sweet, on it's way with some front suspension anti-roll bar bushings. :happy: Was only $35 on RockAuto

the one on my sentra was acting up, it would not work when on low unless I played with the fan switch, I took the blower motor out and took it apart, cleaned it and lubed the shaft and put it back in, works like new now. Also cleaned the squirrel cage it was dirty and was noisy from being out of balance.

the one on my sentra was acting up, it would not work when on low unless I played with the fan switch, I took the blower motor out and took it apart, cleaned it and lubed the shaft and put it back in, works like new now. Also cleaned the squirrel cage it was dirty and was noisy from being out of balance.

Hmm yeah I took the whole assembly apart and didn't notice any dirt deposits or anything, and I sprayed in some silicone: still bad :/

Hmm yeah I took the whole assembly apart and didn't notice any dirt deposits or anything, and I sprayed in some silicone: still bad :/

I'm jealous, because a few years after mine, Nissan thought it be a good idea to add a cabin filter.

I have no such luxury.

Still cool you were able to get to it reasonably, on my Z you have to drop the whole box out to get at all of the blower screws...

-Kyle

I'm jealous, because a few years after mine, Nissan thought it be a good idea to add a cabin filter.

I have no such luxury.

Still cool you were able to get to it reasonably, on my Z you have to drop the whole box out to get at all of the blower screws...

-Kyle

Hehe, well for some reason cabin filters are hit-and-miss, for instance my dad's truck that's a year newer doesn't have one. But our 95 Mercedes does...

As far as taking it out, I actually had to remove a large portion of lower dash out of the way to get the last screw. There's probably an easier way, but i couldn't get the right angle on the screwdriver haha

Hehe, well for some reason cabin filters are hit-and-miss, for instance my dad's truck that's a year newer doesn't have one. But our 95 Mercedes does...

As far as taking it out, I actually had to remove a large portion of lower dash out of the way to get the last screw. There's probably an easier way, but i couldn't get the right angle on the screwdriver haha

I was referring to pathfinder specific, Nissan apparently added them mid production. One of the perks of having the late model.

But! I still get (or at one point had) push button adjustable suspension, lol

-Kyle

Oh gotcha! Hahaha But yeah I'm actually glad I didn't have adjustable suspension as an option, big hassle. The filter is nice though for the desert especially.

Well at least you were able to order a new one at a reasonable cost. I guess sometimes you can take them apart and clean them and they keep working,

I took my pass. front power window apart almost 2 years ago when It wouldn't bring the window up but down worked fine, cleaned it all out and it's been working fine since.

Well at least you were able to order a new one at a reasonable cost. I guess sometimes you can take them apart and clean them and they keep working,

I took my pass. front power window apart almost 2 years ago when It wouldn't bring the window up but down worked fine, cleaned it all out and it's been working fine since.

Yup, you win some you lose some, but parting with $35 doesn't hurt too much hahaha