Interesting facts

devonianwalk

I miss my NES, the door for the cartridge was broken (which I didn't mind for Game Genie use), the top was held on with duct tape, you had to blow in any cartridge you put in until you were about to pass out, and that friggin Friday the 13th game was stupidly hard for my childish ways...

One of my friends and his little brother used to have epic fights. He cracked a bamboo stick on the back of his brothers legs (which made us all wince) which led to his kid brother grabbing a steak knife from the kitchen. We thought he was going to swing at my buddy when he walked over to the NES and stabbed it right in the middle of the console. Of course, we were all shocked that he would do this to "all of us".

Don't you know? The darn thing still worked! You would have to repeatedly insert the cartridge until it worked but .. it worked! :lol:

• Like 1

One of my friends and his little brother used to have epic fights. He cracked a bamboo stick on the back of his brothers legs (which made us all wince) which led to his kid brother grabbing a steak knife from the kitchen. We thought he was going to swing at my buddy when he walked over to the NES and stabbed it right in the middle of the console. Of course, we were all shocked that he would do this to "all of us".

Don't you know? The darn thing still worked! You would have to repeatedly insert the cartridge until it worked but .. it worked! :lol:

I still have a NES :lol:

sure, rub it in... I still have my SNES at least

Me too :lol:

You people have issues!!

B

• Like 1

I used to have one, but it broke for good. It was my sisters as I was too young to see it when it first came out, but I loved it. I ended up buying a chinese knockoff which can play nes and snes. It may not be original but it nice to be able to play both in one console and even play the games again.

I had one my parents bought new. Sold it for $20 back in high school, broken. It stopped reading the cartridges and would just flash a white screen when you turned it on. Lots of fun times playing Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunter.

You people have issues!!

B

Meh I have other game systems as well. In fact the only game system that I had and don't have now is my old Atari 5200 (never had the 2600/7800)

As for having the old systems, they were at the parents house after I moved out. Mom kept them for me, then when she reminded me about them, I decided to keep them since the boys were not far from basic gaming ages. Already had the systems and a bunch of games, easier and cheaper than buying new ;)

Oh and I can play just about any NES/SNES game on my phone right now, using an emulator and the original games rom :lol:

Remember how you'd get "raw left thumb" from the directional pad?

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A [select] Start baby....

Yup, It worked on the game Life Force as well.