95 path 4x4 is it bad to run 1 diffrent tire out of the other 3

fearkobe

95 path 4x4 is it bad to run 1 diffrent tire out of the other 3 tires that are the same? Itt's all the same size just diffrent treads and loading range. The other 3 a loading range c and the 1 is a loading range b. Also that one tire i bought diffrent according to the junk yard I was told that it was a spare tire cause someone had bought it before and brought it back because they were told its a spare tire and it says nothing anywhere on the tire its a spare tire only. Heres the pic of the 1 diffrent tire. http://postimg.org/image/hogl88t99/

Edited by fearkobe

tried uploading images but having a hard time. all the tire says its a good year wrangler. also a friend told me this would be bad for my transfer case but i rarely use the 4x4. he said the transfer case is always moving. i told him it shouldnt matter unless im wrong?

What you need to be worried about is a size difference, especially side to side. Two different tires turn at two different speeds and you will break things in the differential. A tire that is just a different tread and load, can case some noise and pulling issues. For a short time, it's no big deal, but don't run it that way forever, unless your a dedicated trail rig. Make sense?

hardly take it off road like too one of these days. i'll make sure to have the same tires all around. does anyone have a problem with balancing the tires with lego rims? seems like i have to balace them often.

You can run one different tire on the front for as long as you want, but only if you do not use the 4wd, as the diff won't turn with the hubs unlocked.

I have 2 different pairs on mine right now, but that is front to back, and is done all the time.

I would try and at least get a pair that matches. Especially the same load range.

Yeah new tires make a world of difference I just ended up buying a set of BF Goodrich A/T tires after going through what it sounds like you are for a minute. $600 though for the set of 4 mounted and balanced. its a pretty penny but once you get some new tires you will be much more comfortable.

I'd like to see at least matched on an axle but have been in a bind and done it waiting for something to come in with tires I needed. That wrangler you have in the pic link though :lol: you probably won't have to worry about that one long (I never see them get any miles)

buying cheap / potentially damaged tires is the problem with balancing not the rims. you get what you pay for.

i dont mind buying used tires i know the risk of buying used tires. its either the weights fall off or something else like the tire.

I'd like to see at least matched on an axle but have been in a bind and done it waiting for something to come in with tires I needed. That wrangler you have in the pic link though :lol: you probably won't have to worry about that one long (I never see them get any miles)

ya looked brand new but i see its wearing. debating if i want to have it thrown in the back. when my brother inlaw bought off of me awhile back and ebven the tires were wearfing out in the back too must be that lsd.

Yeah new tires make a world of difference I just ended up buying a set of BF Goodrich A/T tires after going through what it sounds like you are for a minute. $600 though for the set of 4 mounted and balanced. its a pretty penny but once you get some new tires you will be much more comfortable.

ya i was gonna buy some hercules all trac A/T for 380 mounted and balance but money was tight.

I ran 1/2 inch different height tire on mine when it was stock. I wheeled the piss out of it too boot. Never broke anything.

If you have a lsd rear and are worried about maybe burning the clutches up you can run it on the front. I would not worry about the transfer case or anything being hurt.

Edited by nismothunder
  • Like 1

ya i was gonna buy some hercules all trac A/T for 380 mounted and balance but money was tight.

Yeah not really a big deal. I ran different sizes too, just 2 of the same on the front and 2 of the same on the back. Not going to hurt anything really (although people have told me not to run the 4wd with the different tire sizes..).

• Like 1