shock recommendations

Guest Freaknasty

Guest Freaknasty

whats are some good recomendations for decent shocks that are inexpensive. My 95 will have AC a-arms in front and jgc coils in back and 3 in body lift

also are the rancho rs 5000 longer or stock replacements

thanks bros

Try a search in here ~ the shock subject's been covered 10 ways to Sunday. You'll find part numbers and everything you need to know for how high you're going, or planning on going. The Ranchos are available for any application you can dream up.

Personally, from what I've read I'd stay away from the AC UCA's... try a search on that topic and I think you'll find out some of the problems people have been having with them re: extreme shimming & alignment problems, no zerks, being shorter than your stock UCA's, etc. Matter of fact, try some different boards ~ it's been discussed elsewhere, not just here. The only place you won't hear about it is on AC's board. :X

Edited by hardwaretoad

here's the results you can expect with AC UCAs I just installed them on my tk. I got them from 88pathoffroad, and he was nice enough to stick in some zerk fittings for me. This is with stock torsion bars too. The alignment in the front is still off a little bit, but from my experiences, it's dam near impossible to get it perfect with sus. lifts.

3" lift

If this one wasn't so cheap, i would have gotten the calmini parts

Here's a head's up. I've just spent a bit of time checking prices, and came to the following:

4wheelparts: Pro Comps 1000 front only- $84 shipped

***special- all 4 shocks plus steering stabilizer- $106 w/ free shipping

Rancho RS5000- $96 shipped

Central 4WheelDrive- Rancho's- $90 shipped

(Central doesn't seem to carry Pro Comp)

Summit Racing- $87 shipped

Assuming the Pro Comp 1000's and Rancho 5000's are comparable, the price is close with the Pro Comps coming in best. But the real deal is to be had with the offer of 4 shocks plus the steering stabilizer at just over $100. Unless anybody chimes in with some bad experiences with Pro Comp, I'm thinking about going that route even though I don't really need the rear shocks. The fronts along with the stabilizer do the trick, and maybe I'll use the rears, maybe I'll sell them.

I purchased the Pro Comp ES3000 shocks from 4wheelparts with steering stab and black boots for $121. The shocks are nice but I have not had them on long enough to give a good review or state how long they last. They sure are BEEFY though !! Feels right in front, and a but stiff in the rear (unloaded). I didn't mount the SS yet (good thing or it would probably be smashed) but it was VERY stiff by hand. Was wondering how it would feel. In a couple of weeks I should be able to mount it (ES2000). I do have a brand new extra one sitting here if anyone is interested...

Bernard

:contract: I just bought the Rancho (5000) RS5116 for the rear of my Pathy to go with the JGC coils I will be installing.

I had Pro Comps on my Jeep... (I know..I know) and they worked really well, and lasted good too. I figured I'd try the Rancho's this time... $76 out the door at Kragen, as i told them Summit was cheaper..they matched Summits price and beat it by$1 per shock..plus they had them in stock..sooo..you do the math..LOL

GOOD LUCK!! :aok:

Guest Freaknasty
I purchased the Pro Comp ES3000 shocks from 4wheelparts with steering stab and black boots for $121. The shocks are nice but I have not had them on long enough to give a good review or state how long they last. They sure are BEEFY though !! Feels right in front, and a but stiff in the rear (unloaded). I didn't mount the SS yet (good thing or it would probably be smashed) but it was VERY stiff by hand. Was wondering how it would feel. In a couple of weeks I should be able to mount it (ES2000). I do have a brand new extra one sitting here if anyone is interested...

Bernard

Hey precise, I know your procomps are still new but would you recomend them over rs 5000's?

Also, I have the front arms but have yet to get the rear coils...Anyone liift the front first and if so does this affect anything ...besides have a lower rear?

Thanks