2-3" Lift?

enkrypt3d

thanks guys! I appreciate it! This thing goes over curbs and parking blocks like they are speed bumps now haha

do u guys think I need to do aftermarket UCA's? It does have a bit of wander in the front end. I think the guy that did the alignment was having trouble getting it to track straight.....

What do u guys do about the huge loss in power with these larger tires? I noticed a huge difference on the freeway... the truck could barely make it above 60. :(

You shouldn't be having any problems with a 31" tire, are you sure you've got them aired up correctly? That's a stock tire size for most of our trucks, there's something wrong in your ride that you've not caught up to yet. I'm also running 31" tires with stock exhaust, with K & N air filter and I'm quite sure I could hit 100 mph in about 20 seconds. Are you being fecicious about not getting over 60? If that were mine, oh boy i'd be going through it with a fine tooth comb, plugs wires, cap, rotor, brakes, all fluids...something is binding and not working efficiently as it should, like you've got a seized caliper or something...

I spoke too soon! it was on the drive back from putting on the new tires and the tires were brand new and squirrely on the road. It freaked me out at first but now it runs strong! I was trying to change the PCV valve and broke the 20 year old hose that goes to it and I also ran some more seafoam through it. Now its great! Also swapped the oil and trans fluid. Runs pretty solid now that the tires are broken in!

haha yea I'll have to order one... using one of the good tires / rims from the OEM set for now... the spare in the pic doesn't appear to have been used much if at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Went wheelin this weekend and it seems the rear end has settled some (more so than the front) should I put some spacers under the springs? Also should I get some ball joint spacers to use with my superlift UCA's?

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/pathfinder-ball-joint-spacers-p-199.html

If you look towards the end of the video, it almost looks like the front wheels don't turn in the same direction.. I'm not sure if this is because of crappy oem steering (which is brand new) or just an alignment issue... thoughts? thx

Edited by enkrypt3d

Looking Good! i'm planning on ordering the 4x4 parts UCA's and Rear Springs. Going for 2.5" - 3" of lift for my Pathy!

mostly because my rear springs have collapsed..... lol

my rear end is sagging also I'm thinking of getting linger springs. How high does the front set what's your measurement in the front and rear?

Sent from my Z795G using Tapatalk

Went wheelin this weekend and it seems the rear end has settled some (more so than the front) should I put some spacers under the springs? Also should I get some ball joint spacers to use with my superlift UCA's?

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/pathfinder-ball-joint-spacers-p-199.html

If you look towards the end of the video, it almost looks like the front wheels don't turn in the same direction.. I'm not sure if this is because of crappy oem steering (which is brand new) or just an alignment issue... thoughts? thx

Anyone have any input? should I get ball joint spacers with my aftermarket UCA's?

Just to get more lift in the front and to be able to setup the alignment properly...

The steering components are brand new (well about 6 months old). New center link, idle arm, tie rods (inner and outer) and all sorts of bushings...

moving this over here lol but if i were to buy the 3" coils from 4x4parts, and the 1" spacers. could i index my front to keep the truck level while i save up to buy the front arms?? normally i would just buy the whole kit. but i'm in the process of buying a new home. so saving a couple bucks today, and respending later may sound stupid... but right now makes sense lol.

so in short, can i get about 2.5" out of my Torsions to keep my front level from a 3" rear lift spring?

89rotary, yes you can get the pathfinder to lift that way, note that the ride will be really stiff compared to what you have. No need for you to get the spacers, they are better for struts than what we have on 95 & older pathfinders. You can get 2.5 inch lift coils from 4x4parts iirc and lift front level and be able to run 31's easy enough.

good to know thank you. i'm planning on buying the front upper control arms, just closing on a house is taking alot of my coin lol. but my rear springs have collapsed horribly lol. so if i buy springs for the rear and crank the front i can live with the stiff ride for now lol.

I was only thinking spacers to conserve my front ball joints, but i might as well replaced them once i get new control arms anyways lol

If you're buying a house why don't you just wait till aftet to do everything. Then you only have to get it aligned once.

Because i'm the Tech that would be aligning it so i'm not out any extra money there, just time and swearing ^_^

plus i'm really concerned with my Rear end, the Truck is about 1/2" above the rear bumpstops..... if its just me its ok, but even if my kids get in its sitting right on the stops. gotta get it fixed

Edited by 89Rotary

I agree with your assessment, the rear end should not be sagging that low, I would save the extra money and get the rear springs at same time. You'll thank me later. LOL again for the money, you can't go wrong. You don't want a stiff front and loose rear. Would be dangerous. Imo that is....:)

Don't forget your rear brake line. You don't want to snap that lol. If I was you lift the rear and order the new UCA when you can. I do a little bit at a time and that works for me. Don't run low on cash bro not good for the family and bills.

Sent from my Z795G using Tapatalk