95 nissan pathfinder barely moves sometimes

fearkobe

i have a nissan pathfinder with 224k miles and sometimes when i stop kinda harsh and when i take off it feels like the brakes are holding on still and the truck feels like its struggling to move. i turned it of and checked my distribrutor cap to see if it was loose cause last time this happened it was cause the cap was loose and it never happened after that till a few days ago and the cap was tight. i started it back up after a few minutes and it was all fine. i did changed the fluid at 222k miles. thanks

automatic and no it doesnt rev. just feels like the brakes are on when i tried taking off but its only when i use the brakes hard when comming to a stop. i turned it off for a few minutes and it was fine. i hope its noth the trans maybe the brakes got stuck. but i was seeing if this happens to anyone. thanks

This happens to me sometimes too, my feeling is it is the transmission didn't downshift for whatever reason. I usually only notice this while offroading that I seem to be stuck in 2nd gear, even though I've been at a stop for a few moments. When this happens, all you can really do is turn off the car and let it reset, turn it back on and drive on.

• 3 weeks later...

update it hasnt done it latley and i havent noticed the orange light flashing. im at 226k miles as of this morning and the transmission still is very strong. thanks for the replies

Edited by fearkobe