Air system with a little friend

So I had more than one mouse in my car. I killed one and apparently hit the other, while it as in the blower motor, with the blower fan. It is now somewhere in my upper air system, I think. Does anyone know a fast way to get it out or do i have to take the dash off. It is starting to smell really bad and need it out......NOW. :pullhair:

Pull the blower motor out and look up. Clean everything with a strong cleaner(Pinesol works well). A mirror will be helpful. Shouldn't of thrown it too far. Some of the ducting can be pulled out with removing the dash.

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

Pull the blower motor out and look up. Clean everything with a strong cleaner(Pinesol works well). A mirror will be helpful. Shouldn't of thrown it too far. Some of the ducting can be pulled out with removing the dash.

All great advice. Also, you might be able to shove a shop-vac in there with the blower motor removed. :shrug:

I sure hope you get that guy outta there! That is quite the predicament! I wish I could be helpful, but from someone who's just observing the situation, its quite hilarious!

I knew he was up there but I didn't think he was dead till the smell. Now every time I get in or even open the door I gag. It really terrible. Hopefully he is just bloated a not decaying externally yet.

I knew he was up there but I didn't think he was dead till the smell. Now every time I get in or even open the door I gag. It really terrible. Hopefully he is just bloated a not decaying externally yet.

Lets hope!

You're rolling hanta! Hope the shop vac works. Does the square dash have the vents on the ends, where the doors usually cover? You might get lucky with a coat hanger through there and knock the mouse out into the open.

Even if I got him out I'd want to tear into the dash to clean it out... that's just nasty.

No the shop vac wouldn't work i got a camera and stuck it pretty far up there. I couldn't see anything. Funny it leads to the wall right in the engine bay, i can see the flash light from the outside. I have only looked at the intake not the exhaust for the blower motor, but so far only found some pin needles and some dirt. The smell has kind of come in waves, but i still have no idea how to find him. I would rather not take off the dash because i have no clue how to do it,plus it is my DD. Really my only car and need it.

I'm still trying to work out just how a mouse would get in. I know they can get through tight spaces, but could one really squeeze past the air grates? Or would it find its way in with the wiring harness and crawl up the floor vents? Might be that you have a rubber plug missing somewhere.

I suppose if nothing else works you could pull out the carpets, stick a garden hose in a vent and just go for it and hope the corpse washes out. I'm sure it would leak into the dash, but if you do it on a hot day you might get away with it.

I'd still be tearing the dash apart... I've driven with half a dashboard before and I'd rather do it again than wait for the corpse to dry up.

No the shop vac wouldn't work i got a camera and stuck it pretty far up there. I couldn't see anything. Funny it leads to the wall right in the engine bay, i can see the flash light from the outside. I have only looked at the intake not the exhaust for the blower motor, but so far only found some pin needles and some dirt. The smell has kind of come in waves, but i still have no idea how to find him. I would rather not take off the dash because i have no clue how to do it,plus it is my DD. Really my only car and need it.

Keep looking Bud. :shrug:

I suppose if nothing else works you could pull out the carpets, stick a garden hose in a vent and just go for it and hope the corpse washes out. I'm sure it would leak into the dash, but if you do it on a hot day you might get away with it.

No, bad idea. If anything, leave it running in the driveway with the heat on full to desicate the damn thing, that is assuming you can't find it first...

B

If you don't have A/C you can pull the tube between the blower motor and the heater box that would give you more working room

if you do have A/C you could possibly pop the clips that hold the upper and lower A/C case together.

you'd have to pull the glove box and the metal plate behind it to get to the area