A Litttle Something Funny About Guy Feiri

Precise1

Well, I've known of him for a long time, before he called himself Guy Fiedi as he is from this area and has/had restaurants such as Johnny Garlic's and Tex Wasabi here in Santa Rosa and surrounding areas. I'm considering getting into the food, or foodie business so I probably shouldn't say that I think most of his food stuffs seem to be in your face and sensational, kind of like his media persona, both of which are a turn off to me. That said, He is a rich and famous restauranteur and I'm an unemployed machinist so extrapolate from that as you will.

I don't watch TV (no cable by choice) so I haven't seen any of his shows and while I have been to his restaurants, I'm not a regular and haven't tried everything, much less repeatedly, so once again my opinion that many of the food items served have the grace of a sock full of marbles being swung at your palate may not have any value to anyone else. That's cool too and not actually what this is about.

While going to help an in-law with his R50, I went by a seemingly particularly well built black jeep with yellow accents. By well built, I mean that it was tall, but as much suspension as tires, and looked like it drove well, at least at 50mph. It is the newer 4 door model of the old body style, but that is as much as I could define. I was checking out some graphics on it with 'Knuckle Sandwich" in yellow on the side, and caught the eye of the driver, kind of a dumpy, tired looking middle aged guy with bleach blonde spikey hair. I gave him a thumbs up for his truck to which he gave me a nod and I moved on. Due to traffic and lanes, I got a few looks at the Jeep and driver from front and back and it dawned on me that there was someone I knew of with that bleached hair look, the 'knuckle sandwich' seemed on par and when I got the next rear view, the vanity plate read "Kulinary" or "Kulinator" or something. Ding! That must be Guy.

I figured the "Knuckle Sandwich' part must be his over the top style, but with a little investigating, apparently it is about Jeep suspension products instead. Still, I'm sure he liked the pun. So, Guy has a nice jeep that he drives around. I wonder if I'll ever see him on the trails, but in order to do so, I'd have to do the same... :tongue:

AnR31-QCIAAtfX1.jpg

guy_fieri_zps92a0ed55.jpg

B

Seriously? I don't watch any of the food network stuff but my wife is a big fan. She has introduced me to some grilling guy "Bobby Flay" and some old redneck gal with a southern draw from neighboring Georgia that likes to put a big stick of butter in everything she makes. But that guy I recognize!

I am impressed.

• Like 1

I just want his Camaro from Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives. I actually ate at a place in Sacramento he had on the show called The Squeeze Inn. Pretty flippin delicious.

Never watched his TV show(s?) but know he looks like a tool with the haircut of a pineapple and was whoring himself out to TGI Fridays commercials. Enough for me to not like him :shrug:

Seriously? I don't watch any of the food network stuff but my wife is a big fan. She has introduced me to some grilling guy "Bobby Flay" and some old redneck gal with a southern draw from neighboring Georgia that likes to put a big stick of butter in everything she makes. But that guy I recognize!

I am impressed.

You mean paula dean? Being in the hospital this winter gave me lots of time in front of the tube.