What do you think about this but a Pathy?

Hytekrednek

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/34047-some-old-ads-for-the-old-timers-lol/?hl=%2Bdesert+%2Brunner&do=findComment&comment=639222

Rob talks a bit about them in that thread. Only 1000 made (damn!) and 2 options. Knowing how rare they are I keep trying to talk to the guy who has one locally. I think its a kid driving it now, I see it parked in a high school lot every now and then.

Maybe I should do my HB as a tribute type thing?? HMMMMM. I still think it would look good on a 2dr pathy.

James

Go for it...it is easy enough to do. I'm sure you've read Rob's explanation of its options :)

Yeah, my 2dr is a very basic one. XE-v6 with a 5-speed. I would need to find me a LSD for the rear and try to get ahold of those baja bars for the front and rear bumpers. I already have a set of lego's and I want to paint them black, if I go with that paint scheme my paint them to match the red white blue theme. I need to get my graphic artist friend to photo shop me a pic of my pathy in the paint scheme and see how it looks. Will post the pic when done and get the forum to chime in on it.

James

I had plans of making a 'Desert Runner theme' on my truck, taking a little bit of liberty with the colors though (hence the reason I've been driving around with a red hood/cowl panel instead of my SR5 hood all winter). Ambition lost and gonna do something a little simpler and more 'me' though when the weather breaks

• 4 weeks later...

Nope, just the Hardbody.

I beg to differ...

balch1.jpg

Google will come up with a few of these, most from companies and teams that are long since gone.

I lost all of my Pathy-specific bookmarks a while back, so I can't really point out a good source.

It looks like a good part of the body's floor has been cut away. I'd venture to guess that much of the exterior has been replaced with fiberglass. The back windows are filled for vents and fuel fillers.

I saw another company team that ran a setup like this at Baja. I wish I could remember the name. They made WD21 parts back in the day, which is how I stumbled across them in the first place. Though, they specialized in 2x4 pre-runner stuff.
I'll bet the parts would be worth a lot now.

Oh, I know that is a race buggy that has been totally reworked for power, suspension and weight reduction. Still, it looks like it is breaking in 1/2.

John Connor Racing? Carter? Coner? I know that is a company long gone that made some nice stuff...

Too bad there isn't enough interest in the WD21 anymore, but they are still everywhere I look. It would be a nice dream to set up a WD21 specific rally circuit because while they aren't power houses, they will take being beat on all day. I'd say with dedicated front suspension/brake/lift parts it would be easy to set up. I'd only race a manual tranny though.

I'll tell you what, if I ever find myself rich and idle, I'll run a WD21 through the vintage class in the Baja 500. ;)

B

Ya, that'd be awesome. The nice part about Nissan's parts-bin designs is that you can swap in a lot of the race parts from the more popular cars.

Jim Conner! I think thats it... Though, I can't find anything on the baja pathfinder now.

SPD Fabrication says they built two of the trucks pictured. I'm sure I saw a few with the factory livery before... maybe Connor. I don't remember.
http://www.spdproducts.com/trucks.htm

Im sure its just he body slapped over a tube frame. thats what i'd think that pathy is...

We're veering from the point. :/

Pathfinder... Racing Paint... Possibly Baja... Trying to match Spencer Low Hardbody clone... GO!

fiberglass body, thin fiberglass in fact, most of the Nissan race trucks used that paint scheme, I believe most of the race trucks, even the one's that came with a V-6 used the 4 cylinder engines when racing.

20utvsp.jpg

11jvx51.jpg

forgot, I have the same light bar that the desert runner truck uses, I bought mine separately straight from the company, Desert Steel, the same company was used by Chevrolet on some special packaged S-10 pickups years ago.

Edited by ahardb0dy