FYI for exhaust system shoppers..

Slick

-bounce- OK. So..just for anyone who is hunting for a full exhaust system for their Pathy.. here is some info I found out (to my great disgust).

I have a 92 Pathy XE 4 door 5 speed. I bought the Thorley headers. NP.

When I searched for a cat back system for my Pathy... here came the problems.

Flowmaster only make the mufflers. Magnaflow only make the mufflers. A couple of other smaller companies only make mufflers for Pathys. BUT!!!! Thank god for Borla! They make a full cat back (smog legal) system for my Pathy for $401 out the door! From Summit racing. I just ordered them.

Just an FYI for cat back shoppers! WAVEY

I have the same exhuast. I got it before I did the headers. I can't wait to see how she runs after all this work is done. I like the Borla. Nice throaty sound and rips in higher rpm's.

Let us know how you like it.

Yes, I already have a new O2 sensor ready to go in, water pump and timing belt. I heard the Borla system online.. OMG.. I almost S*#t!! I am going to have an orgasm if that's possible listening to my Pathy when she's done... after $750.. (full exhaust system) i better!!!!!!! Be the meanest souldin Pathy in town... now.. if Thorley would just ship my headers.. I will be looking at my cat back for about 6 weeks waiting for the headers to arrive.. oh the TORTURE!!! :blink:

Don't feel bad. I ordered mine from summit on july 29th and got them near the end of october if not november. As soon as I get my heads in, my mechanic can start putting mine back together and I can hear what the headers sound like.

And I don't know about the science involved, but the exhaust guys were sure proup of the "aluminzed" exhaust they hooked to my turbo muffler for $100 on the previous Honda. I think it has more to do with who's isht you're willing to swallow. Besides, if it lasts till you've worn out an already semi-worn out truck, you've done good enough. I don't see the reason to roll with a Mario Andretti wanna be system.

:unsure: OWW!!! I felt the burn.... Mario Andretti.. rolmao. Good one. No.. I am not trying to be some "racer".. I just want good quality and for the system to last. I am installing it myself.. so I will not be paying any mechanics for installation. The price of the system is my final cost. I want a good sounding truck, with a asystem that will last. Not trying for any beauty or mine's -better -than -yours contest. I just know what I want, and am sometimes willing to pay for it. I would only waste the money on something stupid if I didn't spend it on my Pathy. I have a habit of doing that. :hide: And.. around here... they want $500 to build the cat back....

• 2 weeks later...

:X OK. since when (I guess since the last time I bought a cat-back) did a cat back mean from the BACK OF THE CAT back???? :X :X When my Borla arrived.. I was disenchanted indeed. No catalytic converter. :oops: So.. off back to Summit it went in the mail, and I found a (new) local shop that is willing to make me a FULL (cat included this time) cat back system for (around) $400. I am STOKED. :clap: ALSO! Good news... my Thorleys, not due to ship til January 21st.. arrived in January 12th!!!!!! WHOOOPEEEEEEEEE :beer:

Since when does a cat-back come with a CAT? No exhaust that I have ever looked at comes with a CAT. Even the exhausts for my S4 don't come with them. However, if I chose to buy new downpipes, the CAT is included.

Since when does a cat-back come with a CAT? No exhaust that I have ever looked at comes with a CAT. Even the exhausts for my S4 don't come with them. However, if I chose to buy new downpipes, the CAT is included.

That's what I was thinking. Isn't the point of a "cat-back" system that you leave all the emissions stuff alone, including the cat, and only change the pipes and muffler so you stay emissions legal?

Not where I live. Last 2 "cat-back" systems I had installed included the catalytic converter...... I must have been having a blonde moment to think I was actually going to egt a cat with the Borla system for $400 :contract:

I once did opt to purchase a borla exhaust on ebay, but I decided to have a shop make a custom exhaust for me. Total cost with magnaflow 2.5" s/s muffler: $190 (I provided my own tip).

Thorley header: $318 + $237 for installation. (I provided new oem studs, bolts, and nuts).

It'd be cheaper and just as effective to have an exhaust shop build a similar cat-back for you, but hey, it's your money to throw away. *shrug* I know the Borla pipes are aluminized or whatever, but it's not really going to matter in a few years anyway.

Oh, have a heart! Lighten up a little bit! Did you know that when John Lingenfelter was alive he would only run with Borla? John Lingenfelter could make a Corvette jump from 0-60 in 1.97 seconds with 802 horsepower at the wheels! Lingenfelter is a god! If Lingenfelter jumped off a bridge, I'd jump right after him. If he runs with Borla, I'm sure as hell gonna run Borla! It's in the to-do list this year.

:wacko: I wish I had taken a pic of the Borla b 4 I sent it back to Summit.. but I was pissed. I have pics in my yahoo profile of the Thorleys.

pathy4x4 is my yahoo profile.

jan 24th is the big day when I start pulling the motor.... god help us all! :bow:

Wow, exhaust mayhem...

I had a magnaflow and a carsound highflow cat put on for about three hundy, I havent heard the borla system but that magnaflow sounds darn good. The thorleys are coming soon also.

Slick, take it with a grain, you'll be strong... :aok:

P.S. have you guys checked out the Nissan performance mags project pathy?

These guys are my new heros, although mine will take more time I am going to follow there lead at least through cams and head work, not to mention the suspension work. Sounds great!!! :cool2:

http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/projects/Pathfinder.php

:bow: ahh..thank you. I think it's just me. I started pulling parts off to get ready for the motor pull..and everything else seems to go wrong, but lickily, nothing with the Pathy..... :Magic: