New here and I recently lifted my 02 R50

mel.d

Hey everyone. I've been a long time lurker here and I finally found a reason to start posting to the forum.

I purchased my 02 LE three years ago with 100k miles on it and have been very pleased with it.

Upon purchasing it, I immediately replaced all fluids (oil, tranny, fr/rr differential, transfer case, coolant, brake fluid), spark plugs, pcv valve, filters, and locktite the power screws. Since then, the truck continues to run perfect.

Recently I found a great deal on a used AC lift ($125 on Craigslist) that I couldn't pass up. So I bought the lift and installed it along with new KYB struts and shocks. I was expecting 2" of lift, but instead I have 3" of lift even after a couple of weeks after the install. I figured since the AC springs were used, that they would have already 'settled' with the previous owner. However, the lift still seems to top out often over speed bumps and potholes.

I'm not really concerned too much about the top out since it is very common with this lift. My question is will the springs still settle down to 2"? or will it remain at 3"?

I have 245/65/17 Falken Wildpeak ATs and now that the pathy is lifted, I want to get rid of some of that gap and go with a 31" tire. Unfortunately the Wildpeaks are fairly new with less than 3k miles on them, so unless I can sell them for a fair price, I may have to wait until they need to be changed.

-Mel

lift17theone_zps421ef26c.jpg

That is a fantastic deal. I'll bet that the "three inches" of lift you are experiencing has to be based on you measuring your worn stock suspension before the AC lift.

I gained five inches (31" stock to 36") measuring from the ground to the bottom of my fender flare just after installing my AC springs. However, I had installed my 31" A/T's at the same time of my lift.

Before lift measurement (rear fender flare)...

396270666.jpg

Post lift measurement (rear fender flare) ...

396270675.jpg

• Like 1

Hey folks, sorry for the late reply. I just got done installing a clutch in a cousin's Nissan 350Z and boy was that a pain. Total install time took 12 hours over two days.

That is a fantastic deal. I'll bet that the "three inches" of lift you are experiencing has to be based on you measuring your worn stock suspension before the AC lift.

I think you're right. The original suspension was probably sagging 1" which would explain the total 3" lift.

What was the part number of the rear KYB shocks you installed? Thanks!

The part number is KYB 343379

Solid Pathfinder! Glad to see there's another Bay Area member! I'm from Sunnyvale.

$125! Dude killer deal!

I'm in North San Jose, but work in Santa Clara.

When I saw the Craigslist listing for the AC lift, I couldn't believe the asking price of the seller. It was definitely a huge score. I think the seller is also a member on here.

Awesome deal! Your ride looks good. You should come out to Hollister on 3/30 with me for a test run!

That would be awesome! I've only been to the Livermore offroad 4x4 play area once and that was the extent of my offroading experience. So I'm still a newbie.

Do you know a guy named Sonny? He was the one I bought the AC lift from. I think he mentioned you and this forum as we discussed his rig.

and to everyone else, thanks for the kind words.

LOL! Yeah, I know Sonny. I just helped him install a new CV axle and some wheel studs on his Pathy a few weeks ago! He mentioned he'd sold his lift and gone back to stock suspension. Welcome to the R50 Pathy community!

LOL! Yeah, I know Sonny. I just helped him install a new CV axle and some wheel studs on his Pathy a few weeks ago! He mentioned he'd sold his lift and gone back to stock suspension. Welcome to the R50 Pathy community!

He mentioned that you helped him with his CV axle and that he has you're old diff after you swapped it for an ARB.

If he decides to convert back to stock, tell him I'd be interested in buying his sliders and Warn hubs (if they'll fit my stock wheels).

Why did sonny go back to stock? I thought he was super stoked on wheeling.

Nice Ride....well done!

Hey everyone. I've been a long time lurker here and I finally found a reason to start posting to the forum.

I purchased my 02 LE three years ago with 100k miles on it and have been very pleased with it.

Upon purchasing it, I immediately replaced all fluids (oil, tranny, fr/rr differential, transfer case, coolant, brake fluid), spark plugs, pcv valve, filters, and locktite the power screws. Since then, the truck continues to run perfect.

Recently I found a great deal on a used AC lift ($125 on Craigslist) that I couldn't pass up. So I bought the lift and installed it along with new KYB struts and shocks. I was expecting 2" of lift, but instead I have 3" of lift even after a couple of weeks after the install. I figured since the AC springs were used, that they would have already 'settled' with the previous owner. However, the lift still seems to top out often over speed bumps and potholes.

I'm not really concerned too much about the top out since it is very common with this lift. My question is will the springs still settle down to 2"? or will it remain at 3"?

I have 245/65/17 Falken Wildpeak ATs and now that the pathy is lifted, I want to get rid of some of that gap and go with a 31" tire. Unfortunately the Wildpeaks are fairly new with less than 3k miles on them, so unless I can sell them for a fair price, I may have to wait until they need to be changed.

-Mel

lift17theone_zps421ef26c.jpg

Solid Pathfinder! Glad to see there's another Bay Area member! I'm from Sunnyvale.

$125! Dude killer deal!

NIce Ride...love the color.! Go ahead and paint the front grill Black it will look great!!

HEy Enjoi408 do you have wheel spacers? if yes how thick are they? i am not sure if go for 1", 1.25" or 1.50"...some help ...

$125! Dude killer deal!

HEy Enjoi408 do you have wheel spacers? if yes how thick are they? i am not sure if go for 1", 1.25" or 1.50"...some help ...

No wheel spacers. I didn't want to have any, so I went with a wheel with 3.5bs.

Sonny said his wife didn't like driving it because the topping out would scare her.

I'm hoping she'll convince him to put the stock step rails back on so that he can sell me his sliders for a really good price :D

So Guys with wheel spacers what would you recomend? Hub centric 1", 1.25" or 1.50" thick. Just asking because i dont know if i have to make changes on the studs, or better saying what is the biggest size that i can go with out replacing the studs?

Thanks

What's the end goal with the spacers? and what wheels do you have?

If you don't want to change the lug nuts, depending on which wheels you have, you probably can't go narrower than 1.25" or the long lug nuts will stick out and rub the wheel hub. Some wheels have small pockets where the lug nuts (the ones securing the spacer) sit.