running power wire (audio )

z33r350z

i've googled and searched for builds ect.

i have a 94 pathy and am currently redoing the audio setup. ive done about 15 audio set ups on other cars and i normally find guides on the best way of running amp power but have not been so lucky. i was just gonna go trough the main engine harness where the engine harness goes through the firewall unless you recommend another spot. thank you.

I ran mine through the firewall somewhere near the glove box, pulled up some of the carpet on the passenger side in the front and I believe I tried to follow the harness that was there a bit. It got tight by the passenger seatbelt anchor, but other than that everything went pretty easily and I didn't have too much of an idea as to what i was doing... Just don't forget to run the RCA cables the first time like i did!

I mounted the mono amp on the back of the rear seat, driver's side. I'd be glad to help if you run into any trouble with pics if i can. '95 XE

thankyou where on long island are you im in manorville.

exit 70 lie

i ran 0 gauge in my 350z so this 8 gauge should be a cake walk just wanted to know the best spot rca's are already ran and the new speakers are in and pre wired just gotta cut the old set up from the oem amp and and connect the 12 gauge speaker wire to my new alpine amp

If your truck has an automatic transmission you should have an existing hole (where the clutch mechanism would go) that should suffice, especially for 8 gauge.

that could work but thats going to use extra few feet of power wire i was hoping for somthing on the pass side

There's also a plate where the e-brake cable would go if it was a Hardbody, on the other side of the brake booster than the clutch plate. But again it'll use some extra length. I did that on mine because the plate was already there and trying to get to the wiring harness where it enters the cab on the passenger side basically requires gutting the underside of the dash or taking it out.

5-6 feet is lost when you go through the driver's side. :( But if you bought extra wire like you're supposed to, it shouldn't be a problem. :aok:

Heres the best pic i could grab of mine with my phone

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q6/iTHINKiHAVE_add/NPORA/c1573d9460ce31bf0b8ca383382282f2_zpsaf0a9a34.jpg

Hopefully this isnt poor placement...please inform me if it is but i havent had any problems with the wire here i just took note of where the wire would go through the firewall, pulled it out a bit and wrapped it in a few layers of electrical tape to kind of seal any gaps

Edited by tdauria

I have ran heavy duty power cables on the underside of the vehicle before, zip tying them up to the body so they are out of harms way. Then terminated them into the cab using grommets. It helped suppress the ground loop and whine from the signal cables being too close to the power. On my buddies work truck we ran power and ground through conduit fastened to the undercarriage for the rear winch. Worked great. But I havent ran any audio power wire in my pathy...just thinking out loud I guess

Sent from my old brick of a phone!

I also use the main harness boot to pass power through to the cab. The wire comes out nicely in the passenger kick panel. After that I ran the power cable through the rocker panel after covering the wire with a section of split loom. To bring it back out of the rocker there is a grommet in the body near the outside of the rear seats. I drilled a hole in the body back a little further and used the grommet access to help fish the wire up and out. This worked for 4ga so it should work for 8. The split loom made it stiff enough and slick enough to push through the rocker panel.

• Like 1

i went trough the clutch plate had plenty of wire i just wanted a stright path i will prob redo it one i find the tool i used to help pull my 0 gauge power wire trough the main harness boot