William

Hi.

I did some research and came across the following parts from an R50:

- 96400-1W610 (driver side)

- 96401-1W610 (passenger side)

96400-1W610_zpsa95d3e1d.jpg

The objective is to retrofit these in my 1992 since mine did not come

with mirrors or lamps on either side.

Q: Will I be able to retrofit them in my 1992?

This is how my 1992 Visors look like:

KGrHqVhMFBdDToTZBQfIvkZGw60_3_zpsf8e0507

T2eC16NQE9s3HDRqBQfI2bC760_3_zps2487d040

William

It would probably be easier to find a set of lighted WD mirrors at a junkyard and install those. The mounts should be the same, and the lights/mirrors look to be a little bigger than in the R50 shades. If you need a pic of the WD ones for reference lemme know.

199933_10150113821214075_2762743_n.jpg

There are some units that have the big mirrors and lights in them. I picked up a set along with the map light at the junkyard and wired all that stuff in.

Everything came out of a newer WD21.

Edited by Tungsten

I had to make a wiring harness that took power from the dome light circuit. On the real deal, the power for the visors comes from the marker lamp circuit. You have to turn the parking lights on to use the light on the visors. I just wanted them to light up when open which made more sense to me.

I installed a pair from a 97 QX4, if I remember I had to enlarge the hole where the shaft goes up. As to the wiring I tapped into the the dome lite which also feeds the map lights. The brackets that holds the ends had to be moved slightly, you'll have to drill a couple of holes all in all it was a pretty simple install and the wife really likes the double visor.

I picked the visors up at the same time I got the console and shifter, and the QX4 emblem now sits in the lower left corner of my rear hatch window