Thoughts on 15x10 wheels with 33x10.50 tires?

Balln

Ok I'm wondering what your guys thoughts are on this. I bought some alum 15x10 wheels awhile back that where pretty ruff. I welded up some of the deep scratch marks and then blended some of the lighter ones out then paid to have them polished. I recently sold my new 31x10.50s and now that there sold and my bodylift is on I installed my new wheels with a set of $50 yardsale find 33x12.50 tires to run on while I save up for my new tires. I'm wanting to really get the super swamper 34x9.5s but can't find them so I'm prob gonna go with the bfg 33x10.50 MT but I was told by a friend they will not work with my 10" wide rims. I really don't want to get rid of my wheels with the time and $ I have in them and I don't want 12.50s I don't like the wide look of them plus I wanna be able to stuff my tires in the wells.

This is for my daily driver and I do plan on wheeling it but not hardcore.

The max recommended width for 33x10.5 is 9". You don't want to look like those guys that spend big bucks on rims and didn't bother to wrap them with the correct rubber. You either need to go with a wider tire or find a new home for your wheels. Another option would be 32x11.5. They should stuff just fine and they will perform better on road.

• Like 1

I wouldnt run a 10.5" tire on a 10" rim, 11.5 is pushing it, 12.5 is perfect. i run 33x12.5x15 on 15x10 rims and they are a perfect fit, i wouldnt go any narrower of a tire than 12.5 personally, but 11.5 would work. by the way i run 33x12.5 duratracs and i can fully stuff them with my setup, just a thought.

Thanks guys. That was my next question is how do the 33x12.50 fit and perform on yhe trails. I literally just got done flexing my pathy out on some dirt and rock mounds by my house 5mins ago. And was kind worried with my offset on the wheels that they wouldn't tuck to good well they proved me wrong. They swung right up in there and I have plenty of room behind the tires and inner well but if I where to trim my bump stops back a little they might hit the outer well where the flairs bolt up. It will be super close but I might be able to squeeze them in there. I really wasnt wanting to run 12.50s but they do tuck with my wheels so I may go that tought. My wife is gonna be happy lol she likes the 12.50s verse the 10s

So if the 12.50s tuck I should have any issues with them right? You guys like wheeling them?

I like my 33x12.50s. They wheel great and I only get a little rubbing at full stuff in the rear, but I don't have any bump stops at all. Installing 4.6 gears in place of the 4.3s made a noticeable difference.

I had a set of 31x10.5s on 15x10s I would run sometimes

05424ee5.jpg

they are a bit cartoony looking and I don't think would be the brightest honestly due to the way the sidewall flexes to seat on the wheels. I had no issues but was only using them as winter sets. (they currently have 32x11.5s mounted on them... somewhere)