Abs and brake light

rollingrock

folks, I have replaced both sensors on the transfer case...no change light is still on...I traced them to a relay box and it looks like they go into the Check Relay.

easy to find and replace? Test?

Ok, scratch that, the 4x4 wires from the transfer case do not go in the the check relay, they appear to come back in the firewall inside the truck. WTH?

At this point fellas, I am thinking I put tape over the light. I know its not in 4x4. Open for ideas here

Thanks

RR

4x4 light FIXED!!! found out that one of the connections needed to be wired.

Also, the 2 ball bearings that engage the "switch" were not seated properly. That was fun.

Saving my pennies for the ABS sensor.

oh yeah forgot to mention this...changed the rear brake pads and bled most of the older fluid out...it was kind of nasty.

I do need a coolant flush though...may have to pay for that to be done as my neighbors would probably frown on that one. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Looking at the ABS wiring schematic....

both brake and ABS light on constantly can be:

ABS relay (engine bay)

ABS Fuse (under LH dash)

Parking brake switch

Where would I find the parking brake switch? Not the same one on the driver brake pedal right?

Thanks

RR

Thanks guys ....I am back out at the ranch....now get this.

I hit a bump with the rear left wheel, lights went off...I was so excited. Later in the day, I hit another bump...boom, lights (ABS and Brake) came back on....coming out of the field after hunting, light went off again.

Seems that when the left rear wheel takes a big hit, I get the light on and light off...

Ok, where is this gremlin?

• 2 months later...