how (where) to measure lift? SFD?

bushnut

so i've been searching this site and others mostly looking at photos of peoples rigs,(lots of inspiration out there) then I look out the window at my pathy and think it almost looks lifted already. I'm probably the 4th owner of "Rusty" she is 12 years old. and someone may have lifted her in the past. so I guess what I need to know is, what is the stock ground clearance? I haven't been able to find that info anywhere. I measured at the centerpoint of the front diff and got about 8" would a 2" AC lift then give me 10"?

sorry for all the dumb questions.

2000 R50 se

• 2 weeks later...

i was wondering this myself, i have 35 inches from ground to the center of the rear wheel well 33 inches to the center of the front wheel well. also i have 16 inches from the ground to the rear hitch and 15 inches from the front tow hooks to ground, dont know if this helps or not but im not sure what stock is? anyone ?

The only thing that is going to gain you more clearance from the differential to the ground is taller tires. suspension and body lift (or a subframe drop in the r50's case) allows you to run taller tires to get more actual ground clearance.

• Like 1