Finished the SFD

rocky2

Thanx "projekz" not too many issues but a few of the common ones like fasteners, (size and length) had to fab the steering extension from a photo "shift220" posted, not really difficult but just had to go for it and trust my instincts. Decided to due an oval cut out in the center of the extension block to sexy it up. Had to be pretty flexible to reach the motor mounts especially the drivers side. It snowed on me the second day of the project but i got most of it done the first day just had to finish the details laying in the snow and freezing. Gotta give a big shout out to "ramdala", gracias huevon. His post and drawings were awesome. Gotta thank "01silvapathy" for his write up. That dude gave me the motivation to just get after it!! I love the pic of him sleeping on his wheel in the shop, been there and done that. Used "DCgabel"s write up as well and did a few of my own tricks and it went off pretty easy I must say.

Yea the tires look pretty small

I ran 31x10.5x15 BFG's last year but hated the drag on the performance due to gear ratio being affected. Probably gonna go with 30x9.5x15's this time, looking at the Dunlop Mud Rover.

The intake has a TBS from Summit and a generic $20 O'Reilly's 3" "Spectrum"cone filter. The K&N was $40 so went cheap, used to run a Weapons R something or another. Any 3" will work for you, just gotta make a bracket to secure it and you're good to go.

I gotta brag about my Koni strut inserts. Those were my best project. There're rebound adjustable and have a spacer at the bottom of the stock strut housing, therefore correcting the top out issue the AC coils create with KYB's or any stock strut. The collar I machined made it a perfect fit and it rides awesome.

The blurry pic is my heavy duty in-line relay headlight wire harness attached to the fender well. It definetly improves the headlights with silverstar bulbs. The powersteering hose bracket came off pretty sweet, just copied the shape of the original, used some sheet matal and lengthen it, drilled the 4 holes and bolted it up. The panhard drop down bracket pushed the rear axle a little too much to passenger side but haven't got an alignment yet to be sure just eye balling it. Go figure, I put a 2" SFD with 2" AC coils and the rear is still raked.

..... cut out in the center of the extension block to sexy it up. Had to be pretty flexible to reach the motor mounts especially the drivers side. It snowed on me the second day of the project but i got most of it done the first day just had to finish the details laying in the snow and freezing. Gotta give a big shout out to "ramdala", gracias huevon. His post and drawings were awesome. Got....

hahaha excellent. :aok:

Good work, now tomove on the tires...

:beer:

• Like 1

Thanx to you ramdala, couldn't have done it without your write-up. Mi espousa es Chileana. Originally from Vina but grew up in Santiago. I went to Chile last year and skiied La Parva and El Colorado, went to Vina del Mar and Valparisio. LOVED IT.

I want to go to Patagonia someday soon. My dream trip would be to drive all the way down there from el norte in the Pathfinder.

La bruja calls me "viejo culiao" but mi Chileano buddies call me "Mojon"

Nice write up & good photos. SFD is my next major upgrade, I had the 1" NX4 spacer but for some reason it gave me horrendous positive camber that I just couldn't get rid of no matter what I did. Not the spacers fault, the NX4 is a great product, it must be something to do with my hubs or A arms maybe.

Hey theexbrit

Try elongating the upper bolt hole on your strut body where the knuckle bolts. I did mine and it worked perfect for adjusting the the positive camber that the AC coils gave me. You have to have the stut out of the vehicle, use a drill bit of just slightly smaller diameter of the origianl bolt hole and rock it back and forth. It kinda gets oval but a rat tail file for finish up makes the hole pretty even. The area you want to take most of the material from is inward towards the body of the strut so no chance of weakening the attachment area. DSC06249.jpg

The springs were the AC supposed 2" lift from 4x4parts.com. But after AC 2" springs plus 2" SFD in the front I'm still gonna cut the rear coils down. Should've gone 4"

I would bet that the TBS has to be the same because the 3.3L is the same. You could get a gasket, and copy it, and make a spacer out of a chunk of aluminium at any decent machine shop.

Not really not night and day but a little more mid-range and throttle response, but it might be a placebo affect. I did an intake mod, took the stock box out and put a 3" cone filter, removed rear exhaust resonator and put a magnaflow muffler and TBS. Sure it runs better I guess but still no race car if you know what I mean. With the intake filter you can hear a slight whistle as the air goes passed the MAF and the intake is louder, the muffler has a deep tone, so I like it. Gas mileage is terrible in this truck. When I run 31's it loses power considerably.

• 4 years later...

DSC06272.jpgDSC06271.jpgDSC06269.jpgDSC06263.jpgLifted with stock tiresDSC06273.jpg

Can you please send me those pictures on my email i can't see them on this forum. my email is mihalj.ivan.cro@gmail.com. thx